Have you ever wanted to disrupt a $70bn industry and be a key member of a fully integrated direct-to-consumer business? Do you fancy a deep-dive into the intricate details of accountancy while maintaining the nimbleness of a data-driven, digital company? Are you keen to help a young, fast-growing company continue to evolve into a world-class, employer of choice? Well, then, come say hi!
We are looking for an organized, motivated, and knowledgeable Accounting Manager who strives for excellent collaboration and has a strong eye for detail to manage our accounting system as well as supporting our controller in various areas. Strong interpersonal and communications skills are a must. We are a fast-growing company, with change being the norm. It is important that you be able to work independently and a self-starter.
The Finance team is the backbone of Firstleaf. You’ll collaborate with all teams, helping to ensure that there are no financial or legal roadblocks to producing and selling great wines to our members.
A few examples will illustrate some of your challenges
- Manage the full-cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Manage all areas of the monthly close process including operational accounting – GL, AP, fixed assets, payroll accruals, inter-company accounting, and consolidation
- Review, analyze, implement and maintain the organization’s accounting operation; establish, develop, and/or recommend objectives, policies, and procedures to management to identify risks and as part of audit readiness
- Participate in various ad hoc projects and analysis
- Actualize inventory costs based on purchase order receipts to ensure the accuracy of inventory value
- Own end-to-end inventory accounting. Implement and work closely with Accounts Payable for 3-way matching and the Merchandising/Supply Chain teams for POs and receipts
- Ideal candidate should have at least 6 years of combined Accounting experience
- Big 4 auditing experience in the US
- Accounting Management experience with a public company in the US
- Extensive knowledge in US GAAP and accounting systems
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheet, PowerPoint, Pivot tables, ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data in a complex department structure
- Experience supporting internal and external audits
Working with the world’s best wine company isn’t enough?
Seriously though, we offer remote work*, and a location agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package with bonus and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts. life insurance, 401(k), employee assistance program, discounted pet insurance. And to top it off: a monthly wine credit with our wine club, Firstleaf.
*Note: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from Colorado.