Hitachi, Ltd. is ranked as the 102nd largest company in the world according to Fortune 500 and operating in 100 countries. Hitachi, Ltd. was founded on a principle of delivering innovations that answer society’s challenges. With our talented team and proven experience in global markets, together we can Inspire the World! Hitachi prides itself on hiring a diverse workforce. We are more innovative when we bring people from all walks of life together. Our success is based on our employees who share a common commitment to innovation and creativity.
Hitachi Solutions, Ltd is a subsidiary company which is 100% owned by Hitachi, Ltd. and provides ICT solutions and services. Hitachi Solutions, Ltd. has 3,000 Microsoft Professionals and is one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics System Integrator across the world.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day processing and entering of supplier invoices, including purchasing card transactions. They will be coordinating among multiple departments and suppliers to ensure appropriate workflows were followed before an invoice is processed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices to ensure compliance to company policy and procedures, including the appropriate approval
- Create timely invoice entries and verify the appropriate system coding (project ID, department allocation, etc.)
- Validate and reconcile purchasing card transactions to create invoice entries
- Reconcile vendor account statements and resolve invoice issues as necessary
- Reconcile AP subledger to general ledger at month end
- Update vendor master record in system as necessary
- Prepare general ledger journal entries to accrue expenses for unposted invoices, and amortize prepayments
- Respond to internal and vendor queries as necessary
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time, permanent
WORKING SCHEDULE: 10 PM to 7 AM Manila Time (Night Shift)
WORK LOCATION: Full-time work from home (until further notice). Office address is at BGC, Taguig City
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of accounts payable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, sorting large data sets, and basic formula usage)
- Proficient with standard office applications i.e. Word, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems or accounting software
- Proactive with an attention to detail and accuracy, and organizational skills
- Able to track multiple requests simultaneously to ensure timeliness
- Effective communicator with good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to manage a high volume of interactions with team members
OUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
We work together in a dynamic and rewarding work environment. We have an experienced leadership team, excellent technology and product expertise, and strong relationships with a broad base of customers and partners.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, regular performance review, performance bonuses, and regular trainings.
What is it like working here?
- We pride ourselves on being industry leaders and providing an enjoyable work environment where our people can grow personally and professionally. Hitachi is the place people can develop skills they’re excited about. The following are our commitments to employees.
- We recognize our profitability and project success comes from our team—great people doing great things. As such, we pursue profitable growth and expanded opportunities for our team.
- We offer challenging and diverse work across multiple industries and reward creativity and entrepreneurial innovation.
- We respect, encourage, and support each individual needs to continually learn and grow personally and professionally. We are committed to fostering our people.
- We believe that investing in our community is just as important as investing in our organization. To that extent, we fundraise, volunteer, and allocate funds to support local charities.
- We listen. Every employee has something important to say that can contribute to enriching our environment.
- We compensate fairly. And while employees might come for the paycheck, they stay for the people. Our people are the reason we are exceptional. This is something we never forget.