Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
The Accountant ensures compliance with financial transaction recording standards (e.g., general ledger, cash payments/collections, tax transactions, etc.) and performs the control/reconciliation of accounts and records (balance sheet, P&L, bank accounts, etc.). The Accountant contributes to properly kept and audited books of Avaloq’s Legal Entities and handles Accounts Payable/Receivable and/or Credit & Collections.
- The AP Accountant has overall responsibility for handling the Group’s AP activities, including but not limited to: invoice and expense report processing, close of AP ledger and expense recognition and accrual, compliance with Group’s policies and procedures, and reporting.
- Be responsible for one or more Legal Entity’s preparation of accounting documents and its corresponding monthly, quarterly and yearly closings (IFRS and local GAAPs)
- Perform all bookings in SAP in subsidiary ledgers like accounts receivable, accounts payable and asset management
- Prepare and perform the elaboration of the VAT/GST statements
- Support the accounting team and deputize vacancies (PO Process, dunning process, archiving process, etc)
- Supervise and coach Junior Accountants
- Ensure all necessary contacts to relevant parties regarding the Legal Entities (managing director, BoD Members, company secretary, auditors, trust
What you need
- Experience vouchering and posting vendor bills
- Experience reviewing and processing payment runs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple requests at a time
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Competency with SAP and other accounting tools is preferred
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (home office models at the moment). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.