- PORT TRAFFIC & OPERATIONS – Controls all vessel movements within Apo Cement Port area to ensure the safety of port , vessels and personnel. Ensure the safe docking and undocking and loading operation of all vessels calling at Apo Port. Plans, directs and controls of all Apo Cement port navigational aids and tugboat.
- LEGAL REQUIREMENT – Coordinates with proper government Port, Customs and other related agencies to ensure compliance to prescribed regulations governing area of operations.
- PROCESS MANAGEMENT – Supervises and coordinates all the section’s activities such as inventory management and order fulfillment (i.e. warehousing, inventory transfers, order processing and dispatching, product vessel / truck loading, and timely delivery of products. Ensures the accuracy of quantity delivered, adherence to quality specifications, compliance with safety standards and accurate documentation of all transactions.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT – Participate and provide inputs in the conceptualization and implementation of assigned projects IN ORDER TO improve departmental processes and procedures
- PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION – Ensure that all cement products are delivered to clients in good quality and on time; implement and comply to institutional processes IN ORDER TO meet customer requirements.
- FLEET MANAGEMENT – Assists in managing trucks, marine vessels and other secondary distribution systems to move products from plant to customer sites and other warehouses within corporate service levels. This responsibility includes the following: Fleet coverage optimization/rationalization; Fleet Safety; Contractor Management (i.e. hauler and driver accreditation, training & development, performance evaluation, and continual improvement, stewarding of existing and potential hauling contractual relationships).
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT (HSE) MANAGEMENT – Conducts regular inspection of section’s facilities to ensure proper maintenance, strict adherence and enforcement of policies, plans, and programs to include safety, security, and environmental protection standards. Conducts regular safety meetings, walk-about inspections and participates in audits including internal quality assurance system checks. Ensures that direct reports and/or external service providers conduct their business in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Degree in marine or maritime engineering,freight logistics or related fields of study
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a maritime/shipping environment
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of the Port and harbors management, Freight logistics and
- supply chain function and its relation
- to the overall business operation, Industry, manufacturing and product distribution knowledge