Responsible for the day-to-day operations for incidents escalated from the Level 1 GSD or fault within monitoring tool. This role plays a level 2 and 2.5 in the escalation matrix. The IOC Engineer is responsible for working on all in a timely manner and can escalate to next level of support when the problem has been identified to be of complex nature that requires elevated/complex skills. They are also responsible to adhere to the incidents and changes policy and ensure that collaborative efforts are placed when incidents cross service lines.
More specifically the tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for upholding response and resolution targets on incidents pertaining to Servers and Storage.
- Co-ordinating the required teams to complete the problem management process in relation with Connectivity.
- Accountable in the implementation of change process, making sure each change is compliant to the approved parameters stated/discussed during CAB.
- In tight collaboration with internal teams, partners, and vendors, making sure each revisions/change that will be introduced into the live environment have been tested vigorously and will have minimal effect to live service.
- You are expected to use CMDB to track and document versioning of server/storage assets. making sure we can go from one version of the config to another at a moment’s notice.
Monitoring, Availability and Capacity
Delivering on the required SLA/KPI’s specifically for Servers and Storage regarding monitoring (reacting to alerts, reactively and proactively) and ensuring that the systems availability is crucial. Review of capacity regarding links and compute and storage values is also a key requirement.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 4+ years’ w/in Tech industry, with at least 2-year experience in a similar role with bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science
- Desired: IaC scripting/programming experience, preferably Terraform
- Experience in doing proactive engineering actions by use of an SIEM tooling
- (LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, Alienvault, Whatsup Gold)
- Registrations/Skills/Certifications related to any of the following technologies.
- Cloud Infrastructure (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Virtualization tools (VMWare, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Data storage (NetApp, HP Master ASE, Dell)
- Demonstrated experience in managing Windows and Linux based Servers.
- Experience in use ITSM/ITOM tooling like BMC Helix and/or ServiceNow.
- For this role Arcadis values professional experience across the following priority areas:
- Breadth of experience: Working internationally, across different industries and business lines and/or functions, managing projects impacting people/issues/solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Leading transformation: Ability to bring people on a journey to the unknown, creating a sense of stability and security in uncertain times, avoiding change fatigue.
- Data and technology: Adopting data-driven decision making, leveraging data to create and demonstrate value. Tech savvy and comfortable and curious about technologies.
IT – Hardware