- Do you have a passion for assisting Philippine SMEs?
- Do you have strong accounting fundamentals & specifically enjoys financial analysis and forensic accounting?
- Are you interested to learn & contribute to investing in SMEs, seeing them through over the investment horizon?
If you fit the criteria above, we’re looking for individuals that can work independently, pro-active, entrepreneurial & hard working to join our team.
Intern, junior and senior positions are available.
The Investment Officer (Junior or Senior) will participate at all levels of deal execution and portfolio company investment oversight and management. Activities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Screen new investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence and market validation for potential investments
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and investors to gain access to companies
- Build and manage financial models, including underlying project operating pro formas, to analyze and structure investments and evaluate the associated risks.
- Financial, business and industry due diligence on new investment opportunities
- Compose both investment proposals and briefing memos on new investment opportunities, including term sheet development.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with management teams, investors and other intermediaries (investment bankers, business brokers, etc.) for new investment opportunities.
- Database management of our portfolio
- Perform financial reviews of existing portfolio companies and general portfolio monitoring.
- Assist in preparing business development presentations
SPECIFIC RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong attention to detail
- 1-3 (Junior) and 3-5 (Senior) years full-time, relevant work experience
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with extensive financial modeling and analysis experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with debt and project finance transactions and documentation is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter, dependable and reliable, excellent at taking initiative, can work independently without close supervision, and be a supportive team member