In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. We are a globally distributed 50+ person company with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. Our team has a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and timezone collaboration. We’ve been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale.
Our team is building the loyalty layer of the internet and currently already powers over 80,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million shoppers. Above everything else we strive to make people happy —from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team (yes, our name really is fitting).
Who we are:
Human. The reason we do anything is to help another human succeed—whether they be on our team, one of our merchants, or one of our merchants’ shoppers. We approach our work with open hearts and complete authenticity, always remembering how our actions impact the human on the other side of the screen.
Humble. We value our differences and leave egos at the door to find the solution that creates the most competitive advantage for our merchants, regardless of their source. We celebrate everyone’s wins as if they were our own and go out of our way to give others recognition.
Hungry. Our drive to help others keeps us committed to infinite learning and taking initiative when no one is watching. As a team, we welcome ambiguity as it is an opportunity to leave our mark and understand autonomy and accountability go hand in hand.
About the Team:
The Merchant Experience (MX) Team at Smile is a global team that strives to deliver the best possible customer experience 24/7. Our work is highly collaborative which allows for opportunities to work on projects that grow skills beyond just those required for your day-to-day role. We care deeply about the quality of our interactions with merchants and don’t let vanity metrics like ticket volume or time to close drive our actions. Instead, we truly want to help as many merchants as possible grow their businesses, and we ensure that every experience with our team is as delightful and helpful as possible along the way.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Operations Manager, Customer Success, and Marketing to support the scaling of our lifecycle and automations strategy. You will be leveraging our technology to enable effective customer communications, ensuring high data quality and helping the MX team access that data to enable smarter decisions, and assisting in analysis, planning, and strategy. In 6-12 months, success in this role would be a 360-degree view of all automations across channels, and a thorough understanding of all data feeds and improvements between tools and platforms identified.
What you’ll help us achieve:
- Manage multiple workflows of time and event-triggered multi-channel automations across the entire merchant lifecycle.
- Assist in the strategy, implementation, and optimization of our always-on, multi-channel automations.
- Test, measure, and monitor results by building campaign dashboards to deliver an end-to-end view of all activities.
- Identify and configure efficiencies (routing, custom bots, in-app messaging) in our automation systems to support the wider MX Team.
- Analyze data and trends to identify opportunities and improvements that contribute to the strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with the MX and Product teams, and other internal stakeholders on Operations related initiatives and ensure consistency across customer lifecycle touchpoints.
Who you are:
- Proficient in marketing automation and customer success systems.
- Experienced at integrating systems with other technologies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, manage up and down.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes.
- Basic HTML and SQL skills.
- Experienced in working with Intercom.
Bonus if you have:
- Direct experience working with customer success and marketing platforms such as Salesmachine, customer.io, HubSpot, and ActiveCampaign Intercom.
- Understanding of commercial privacy and communication regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, etc.)
Who are we?
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution – the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career & personal goals. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools, and encouragement you need to grow.
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.