Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
In our CTO division, we deliver highly scalable and performant software – with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts, Product Owners and Cluster Leads and speak fluent agile – amongst many other languages. Our vision is clear – we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
When you perform a payment, be it international payments, SEPA payment or Swiss domestic payment and Swiss QR-bill, perform an account transfer, create and manage payment templates and standing payment orders, there is a good chance that you have used our web banking software. We implement the technical web banking framework which enables a seamless handling of payments transactions. We are looking for a motivated software engineer who is interested in the banking business and challenging technical problems. We want you to join us to build on the best web banking software product on the market.
As a member of the web banking development team for client payments, you will be part of a group of highly skilled, motivated and dynamic people that are responsible for very central parts of our highly flexible web banking product with robust architecture based on proven design and usability principles.
We will place a large amount of trust in you and give you the freedom to help us shape the core banking technical framework on which the rest of the company is based. The company’s non-hierarchical structure will put you in contact with a wide range of industry experts. Along with these experts, external partners and customers will constantly help and challenge you to improve your knowledge of how to create great software and of the business which it serves. Together with our software professionals you analyse customer requirements and drive the design of new functionalities or the enhancement of existing features.
- Maintain, customize and update existing functionality in the client payments web banking area
- Design new banking product features and functionality in collaboration with business analysts, product owners, software architects and fellow developers
- Provide technical support to customers and internal stakeholders
- Work in an Agile environment, in a small team with a high degree of coordination and synchronization, helping to constantly improve our processes and introduce new technologies
- Closely collaborate with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and other Software Engineers
- Participate in all phases of product development and enhancement including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation using agile methodologies.
- Improve and optimize existing functionalities
- Working across international teams
- Take ownership and responsibility for your area of expertise
What you need:
- A university degree in computer science, business informatics, computer engineering or equivalent education/experience
- Experience in Java, JavaEE, Oracle Architecture
- Minimum of 3-5 years of continuous relevant software development experience
- Excellent understanding of relational database systems in PL/SQL and Oracle SQL.
- Open minded, team oriented and communicative
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Eager to learn and understand the business needs aiming to provide clean designs and high-quality code
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Avaloq experience and/or Avaloq certified professional
You will get extra points for the following:
- Understanding of Microservices and the OpenShift Container Platform
Now lets talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.