Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you’ll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold – to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
We deliver highly scalable and performant software – with passion. We consist of hundreds of Software Engineers, Architects, Product Owners and Cluster Leads and speak fluent agile – amongst many other languages. Our vision is clear – we want to code software that provides simplicity for a new era. And we think that we are quite good, at what we do, working with brilliant people on future-ready solutions every day. Our flat hierarchies enable each and every one to have a voice and we are always looking for new ones, helping us to become even more innovative.
We are looking for a committed and competent Software Engineer who will join our Output Team and can work with an international team operating from Manila and Switzerland. You will work closely with technology vendors, infrastructure providers and the software development division to provide world class services. You will continuously work on technical and process improvements, keeping both incremental and disruptive options in mind.
- Closely collaborate with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and other Software Engineers
- Design, develop and maintain thought-out solutions within the team’s responsibility
- Improve and optimize existing functionalities
- Develop and maintain automated tests
- Take ownership and responsibility for your area of expertise
What you need
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or with Master’s Degree.
- Relevant software development experience with skills in Java Spring Boot; PL/SQL
- Understand database technologies
- Good understanding of Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Eager to learn and understand the business needs aiming to provide clean designs and high-quality code
- Strong conceptual and analytical mind with a structured and autonomous approach to work on complex technical and business problems
You will get extra points for the following
- You are interested in the banking business, wanting to write the banking future of tomorrow together with us
- Know-how in other technologies like AWS, Openshift, Containerisation
Now let’s talk about perks and compensation
We offer high flexibility in regards to working models (home office setup at the moment). Our base salaries are competitive and if you prove to be a superstar, you might even be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out “Success Share Units” depending on its performance in a given year.
At Avaloq we embrace diversity, we embrace difference. We are whole-heartedly committed to equal employment opportunities and we foster an inclusive culture where everyone’s’ contributions are valued and their voices are listened to. We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Please note that our job descriptions are intended to be written in an inclusive and gender neutral language.
Don’t be shy – apply!
Please only apply online, preferably with pdf documents.
Note to Agencies: All unsolicited résumés will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be acknowledged.