About Your Job at Baymard
In this position, you’ll be responsible for much of the content at Baymard.com, including our publicly available research findings and sales pages. In particular, you’ll write and manage our articles and other web content (e.g., text on our use cases and page designs pages).
The job calls for someone who enjoys communicating highly specific research findings to a more general audience, as well as UX professionals — creatively adapting and merging content from multiple sources without inadvertently misconstruing the underlying research findings.
While we will train you in Baymard’s specific content management needs, we expect that you have the following qualifications:
- [7/7] Requirement: Strong content strategy skills (esp. for digital-first or SaaS companies). In particular, by demonstrating an ability to translate research findings into articles (expected to be around 50% of your time). Additionally, you’ll also integrate various content into an overall content strategy for the company. Other content strategy duties will include creating a publication schedule for content, maintaining an overview of the content, and managing multiple flows of content.
- [5/7] Requirement: Professional copywriting skills, as you’ll have to do some original writing, such as article introductions, descriptions of new Baymard research, and sales page texts.
- [5/7] Requirement: Professional copyediting skills, as you’ll be expected to edit your own, as well as others’, writing for the website.
- [4/7] Good interpersonal and communication skills, as you’ll have to navigate among Baymard’s different teams to understand the core content that needs to be communicated and ensure the website content remains up-to-date.
- [3/7] Familiarity with the ‘web industry’ and especially its jargon (can be from experience with web development, design, research, writing, etc.).
- [3/7] Remote work experience as the position is 100% remote.
Other Job Specs
Salary: In accordance with qualifications
How to Apply
If you’re interested in this position, please send the following:
- A list describing relevant content management experience
- A cover letter that describes which of the 6 above-listed job qualifications you meet and how you meet them
- Other information you find relevant (hobbies, interests, work experience, CV, ..)
Referral Bonus: If this job isn’t for you, but you know someone who’ll be the perfect fit, please send them the link to this page. If we end up hiring the person you referred, we’ll give you one year of access to a Baymard Premium ‘Medium’ plan (a $1,560 value).