The Importation Assistant reports directly to Purchasing Manager. He or she handles and processes incoming shipments of raw materials, machines, and spare parts of Bonpack, Bonflex and Janoschka.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Communicate with the suppliers for the following concerns:
– send and follow up confirmation of LC draft
– send LC cable
– status and updates of all incoming shipments
– request shipping documents
– inform supplier regarding payment
2. Send shipping documents to broker for their checking and review.
3. Coordinate with broker for the status of the releasing of shipments.
4. Coordinate with warehouse for the delivery of shipments.
5. Monitor and update payment schedule.
6. Update importation summary daily.
7. Update summary of Materials Complaint Report. Submit claim to supplier related to MCR.
8. Photocopy and scan documents for file and reference as needed.
9. Filing of documents and submit the folder to accounting department once complete.
10. Coordinate with DHL/Fedex/UPS for the status of door to door shipments
– Fill out SDV form (supplemental declaration on valuation)
– Apply/secure government certificate (if needed)
– Prepare payment request for door to door charges
11. Monitor and update summary of Incoming Raw Materials.
12. Prepare payment request to be submitted to accounting.
13. Prepare discrepancy report for all shipments.
14. Check and review billing/releasing charges of brokers.
15. Prepare monthly VAT report to be submitted to accounting 1st week of every month.
16. Prepare monthly report for other consignee shipments 1st week of every month.
17. Request sales invoice from consignee to be submitted to accounting with complete supporting documents.
18. Apply/secure government certificate needed in the shipment.
19. In charge in renewal of accreditation.
Skills and Competencies:
1. Graduate of a 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or other Business related course. At least 2 years work experience as an Importation Assistant or in a similar position.
2. High Proficiency in Microsoft office is required.
3. Pro-active, organized & efficient, willing to multi-task and able to work under minimum supervision.
4. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Knowledge of freight forwarding and shipping industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Php16,000.00 – Php19,000.00 per month
- 8 hour shift
- 13th month salary
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Quezon City: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Importation Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)