Our grand vision is a Philippines where smallholder farmers lead better lives by changing how people buy their food through e-commerce. We are looking for people who are passionate about making an impact in the lives of our smallholder farmers through innovative agri-tech solutions.
As the Business Development (Associate or Executive or Lead?), you will be responsible for deeply understanding our customers’ needs and work to deliver their requirements. You will be the primary contact of our enterprise customers and you will support the CEO in client acquisition activities. Through data and customer feedback, you will gather insights that translate into product offers, service delivery improvements, and platform features improvements to enrich the customer experience. You will support the CEO and partner heavily with our Marketing, Operations, Product Onboarding, and Tech teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate, follow through and close deals with enterprise partners.
- Maintain and build relationships with enterprise partners and serve as their primary contact.
- Create bespoke arrangements for enterprise clients and ensure that Mayani operations will interface well with client operations eg. special fulfillment arrangements, special discounts.
- Initiate and/or assist in the crafting of campaigns that drive growth in user base, revenue and partnerships network.
- Keep tabs on our e-commerce platform.
- Monitor analytics (SKU performance, campaign response, social media reactions, etc)
- Drive awareness through creative social media presence, partnerships, publicity.
- Drive revenue growth through special promotions & bundles, partnerships, introduction of new products.
- Gather insights to inform our client partnership strategy
- You will generate and synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data to assess the relevance of the products we offer to our market, and help us identify core products that Mayani can focus on to increase sales.
- You will use these insights to curate product offers, bundles and promotions that would help Mayani achieve its revenue growth targets.
- You will surface opportunities to onboard new products so Mayani can fill the gaps in the underserved segments of our market and coordinate these changes with our Product Onboarding team.
- You will collaborate with the leadership team, and cross-functionally with Tech, Hub Ops, and Marketing to successfully implement our product and platform strategy.
- 2-5 years of post-undergraduate work experience, preferably in: consumer or enterprise technology, e-commerce, consulting, business management or administration, finance, marketing, or related fields.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong business acumen.
- Analytical problem solver: ability to generate and synthesize insights from quantitative and qualitative data; ability to prioritize insights and translate into product offers and practical solutions to customer needs.
- Experience in or passion for the food or agriculture industry
- Experience in an online marketplace or similar consumer technology company
- Experience in strategy or product-related roles
- Status: Employee
- Employment terms: Full-time, 40 hours per week, 5 days a week
- Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive total rewards
- Being part of a high-caliber and supportive team