- 🕘 Flexible Hours
- ✈️ Company Retreats
- 🚀 High Growth Potential
- 💸 $350 Referral Bonus 💸*
- 💰 £27,000 – £30,000 Per Year
- 🗺 Anywhere in Europe or Africa
Join the HappyPorch team
We are looking for a .Net web developer to join our distributed team. This is a permanent position and a full-time position.
Our commitment to value beyond profit is more than just talk. HappyPorch is a Certified B Corporation and are members of 1% for the Planet. We have been a remote-first team since the company was founded in 2015. We are a distributed team of specialist web developers who value, support, and mentor each other. While we do work hard, we also acknowledge that a healthy, balanced life is a requirement, not an optional extra.
You will be working remotely as part of a small team of 10 spread across Scotland, England, several other countries across Europe and beyond. Working on a distributed team takes a high level of motivation and the ability to self-manage. You will also be communicating with clients directly. This requires excellent written and verbal English communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with both technical and non-technical people.
- Are keen to take responsibility and use your experience, ideas, and energy to help drive success
- Enjoy solving problems and are constantly looking to learn and improve
- Are willing to be measured by your output and the value you bring, not the hours you log
- Are outstanding at communicating both verbally and in written English (and more than tech-speak!)
- Are detail-oriented and meticulous about quality
- Understand how important a good, disciplined process is; in software development as well as communication and project management
- The ideal person will bring the correct mindset, ability to learn and adapt along with as wide a range of technical experience as possible, we, therefore, encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.
- Have good experience of web development
- Be experienced in C# and ASP.NET
- Be comfortable using GIT
- Experience of any of the following would also be an advantage: .Net Core, API development, Actor Model (e.g. Akka), Domain-Driven Design, unit and integration testing, or Azure Cloud. Although the experience of these is definitely not required, an interest in learning is.
What’s in it for you?
You will bring your experience, ideas, and energy to the role. As part of a small, fun team you will be much more than just another cog in the wheel. There is a huge opportunity to further develop your technical & leadership skills.
A key part of our purpose is to contribute in a positive way to the world around us. Our commitment to value beyond profit is more than just talk, for example, we are a Certified B Corporation and are members of 1% for the Planet. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our ‘pro-bono’ projects that have societal value. This might include open source development, charity projects, or training and assisting other organisations. A great example is our work with PovNet.
We run on self-management principles. This does not mean a completely flat hierarchy, any group of humans will have leaders. It does mean that we all input into how the company is run and everyone is invited to get involved and take on the level of responsibility that suits each of us. It also means that leadership is much more fluid than in a traditional company hierarchy.
We provide a lot of support and coaching to help you thrive in this environment and thus do great work. Although it can be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding to be part of.
Location & Hours
This role is remote, much of the time you can work from anywhere – well almost – anywhere within 2 hours of the UK timezone. We are more interested in results than micromanaging which means we are very happy to talk about flexibility in your working hours. Some of our team enjoy a very structured day, others flex their work around family commitments.
Twice each year (outside global pandemics) we meet up to work together for a few days. Recent locations have included England, Morocco, Madeira, Bulgaria, and Scotland. As well as being really useful it is a lot of fun, so we do all we can to help everyone join where it is possible.
HappyPorch asks respectfully to only apply through the application form and do not email/apply directly to HappyPorch. Any applications sent directly to HappyPorch will not be considered. Recruiters and Agencies please do not contact HappyPorch directly.