The Chief Nurse/ Vice President of Nursing is responsible for the practice of Nursing by ensuring continual improvement and consistency in the standard of nursing practice across the clinical settings.
As a member of the executive team, the Vice President of Nursing supports and facilitates an interdisciplinary team approach to the overall delivery of care to patients, families, and the community. This includes creating an environment in which collaboration is valued as well as excellence in clinical care, education, and research is promoted and achieved.
The Vice President of Nursing leads quality, safety and innovation initiatives for the Nursing Services Division in collaboration with other divisions in the Hospital. As the strategic leader s/he ensures the advancement of the profession of Nursing, talent management, retention, succession, and effective program implementation.
- A degree holder of Masters in Nursing from an accredited Graduate School
- Possesses a valid license from the Professional Regulation Commission as a Registered Nurse.
- A current member of good standing of the Philippine Nursing Association (PNA)
- With a minimum of fifteen (15) years of clinical and administration experience; with three (3) years’ experience as Vice-President of Nursing or three (3) years as Assistant Vice-President or its equivalence.
- Possesses leadership qualities to aid in building, maintaining, and elevating relationships with internal and external stakeholders and drive the achievement of business strategies and results.
- Has a working knowledge of Management System.
- Possess excellent patient care knowledge and ability.
- Has completed a Basic Management Course, preferably with Lean Management certification.
- Excellent customer/patient relation skills.
- Knowledgeable in basic Microsoft Office application.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written. Able to communicate in Visayan dialect and/or Tagalog.