Almanac is building an operating system for distributed collaboration to help remote teams get work done without needless meetings and distracting messages.
Almanac’s collaborative doc editor helps distributed and hybrid teams cut Slack, email, and meetings by 80%—so you can reclaim a full day each week to focus on what matters.
Hundreds of teams from 2 to 2000 are already using Almanac to collaborate on docs, organize documentation, and streamline processes as they scale.
That’s where you come in: we’re looking a Chief of Staff to be the the right-hand person and force-multiplier to Almanac’s CEO, Adam Nathan, and help us scale our team and product to millions of new users.
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to serve as a trusted advisor and confidant to Almanac’s Chief Executive Officer. The Chief of Staff will work closely with the CEO to create leverage and impact through managing key priorities, overseeing internal operations, and spearheading special projects. This is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing near-unicorn at the CEO level.
- Manage Almanac’s monthly OKRs, including facilitating our goal setting process, collecting and analyzing data, and making recommendations to ensure we hit our goals
- Oversee Management Team operations, including preparing M-Team agendas, taking notes, and ensuring all action items get fulfilled for key priorities
- Guide our major company ceremonies, including our Monday Morning Standups and Friday All Hands, so they are well-planned, effective, and compelling
- Help build out Almanac’s handbook to enable async operations, spread our brand, and recruit candidates for ourAlmanac’s growing team
- Draft investor updates, pitch decks, speeches, conference submissions, and presentations on behalf of the CEO
- Spearhead special projects, such as launching a new growth channel, managing a product launch, improving an internal process, or leading the search for a key hire
Experiences that make you stand out:
- 3-5 years experience in either a business or operations function at a significant high-growth startup, a management consulting firm, or a venture capital firm
- An MBA or Masters in Engineering is a huge plus
- 2+ years managing other people or teams
- Tenure gathering, cleaning, and managing data and financial/operational models
- Expertise in building and presenting presentations and writing memos and proposals
- Proven ability to quickly master new skills and solve incredibly complex problems
Skills that make you extraordinary:
- You love organizational design and behavior: Almanac’s mission to build collaborative infrastructure for the digital economy sounds like a dream job to you.
- You’re a natural systems thinker: you spend your free time pondering how and why things work, and you default to heuristics or frameworks to make decisions
- You’re regarded as a business management all star: you can write well, build complex models, and manage and move people towards goals
- You’re an exceptional communicator in your writing, presentations, and speaking
- You’re detail-oriented in your execution: you never let formatting or spelling mistakes slip through in your work, however small the task
- You have extremely high bandwidth: you can confidently manage projects and communicate updates under pressure or ambiguity with a smile
- You’re a savant at using influence and process to convince and motivate senior leaders
- You have a natural ownership bias: you take responsibility even when you’re not asked
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Join us.
At Almanac, we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
As a company, we are seriously committed to your professional development and growth:
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery
Interviewing at Almanac
It’s our goal to provide an efficient, transparent interview experience that respects you and your time. Our roles typically have a four stage process (sometimes more) and we like to move through those as quickly as calendars allow. After submitting your application you will hear from us whether you are a strong fit for the role or not! From here you can expect:
- An initial screen with our recruiter
- The opportunity to meet the hiring manager
- A technical exercise appropriate to the role
- A leadership interview with our CEO, Adam