✔ Undergo screening and training in the comfort of your home
✔ Have the privilege to work from home
✔ Enjoy a semi-flexible schedule
✔ Earn 16k to 30k++ a month
As a Writing Consultant, you will review and comment on essays of high school and college students from other countries. In essence, you will teach and guide students towards appropriate writing revisions, covering both lower-order concerns (e.g. grammar and mechanics, sentence structure, word choice, etc.) and higher-order concerns (e.g. introduction, conclusion, thesis statement, organization, and content development). The point is you will NOT be simply correcting or editing the student’s work, but you will be teaching students how to write effective papers by doing the following:
- identify issues or errors in the student’s written work
- explain why the issues or errors should be addressed
- provide clear written instructions, guide questions, and/or examples/models that will help the student address the issues or errors in his/her written work.
What should you know about this position?
- Office-based (work from home arrangement is temporarily enforced during the Community Quarantine)
What’s in it for you?
- Aspiring tutors will undergo a 3-week paid training.
- You can control your earnings and earn Php 16,200 to Php 30,000++ every month.
- You get to enjoy regular performance-based incentives.
- You get to work on a semi-flexible schedule. You can come in to the office as early as you want to finish your quota early. Only the written work of students will be evaluated (no face-to-face consultation and no video calls).
- You may have the privilege to work from home.
- You get to learn more about other people’s cultures and experiences.
- You get to impart knowledge and make the world a better place, one essay review at a time.
What should you have in order to qualify for this position?
- A Bachelor’s degree in any course
- An excellent command of the English language, especially in writing
- Extensive knowledge about the writing rules of the English language
- Willingness to work in Alabang, Muntinlupa City or Eastwood, Quezon City (in the future)
- Basic knowledge in computer, online research, and other relevant applications
- Strong critical thinking skills and proven time management skills
- Adaptability to change, commitment to work, diligence, self-discipline, self-motivation, openness towards constructive criticism, and strong work ethics
Preferred but NOT required:
- A degree in a writing extensive field, such as, but not limited to Education, Literature, Communications
- College-level teaching experience
*FRESH GRADUATES ARE VERY MUCH WELCOME TO APPLY!
If you think you’re the right person for this job and you meet the qualifications above, click “APPLY NOW” and be sure to upload your CV or resume through Jobstreet.
Training & Dev.