- Study the project requirements in relation to document and data requirement
- Establishing a procedural framework for identifying, collecting, distributing and filing the controlled documents for the Program. This involves writing and maintaining document control procedures and participating in the development and roll-out of document control tools, such as scanning hardware, computer software, etc.
- Ensure the information and management control system is implemented in compliance with the Employer’s standard; and is updated to reflect revisions to those standards. Maintain awareness of new Employer and/or Program initiatives that may impact the control or distribution of information on the project
- Ensure the Project Team members are provided with adequate training and support to enable them to successfully use the procedure and systems in use by the Program. Proactively conduct “spot audits” and “over-the-shoulder-reviews” of Project Teams to facilitate their understanding of and enhance their compliance to Document Controls procedures.
- Managing a group of Document Controllers.
- Assists with policy discussions, including e-mail recording and retention, video recording and retention, etc.
- Maintain a watchful and alert attitude toward Document Control, including inserting the Document Controllers into Project Team meetings, developing routine reports and metrics to gauge a Project Team’s success (e.g. the RFI response chart), and in general being eager and energetic towards establishing and maintaining control.
- Administer the EDMS tool effectively
- Provide guidance for numbering outgoing documents as per contractual requirements
- Ensure that list / log /register of documents, with clear identification and easy traceability, is up to date
- Any other additional tasks as assigned by the management with regards to Document Management.
- Must instil a “can-do” spirit within the Document Control staff inspiring them to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
- He must ensure that
o Project documents/ records are filed and stored in way it can be retrieved easily
o Controlled copy documents are closely monitored
o Project documents have no errors in filenames before distributing to the relevant department to avoid confusion
Project documents are distributed to the right persons in a timely manner