Job Title Customer Support Engineer -Data Analytics
Reporting to Head of Customer Service
Department IT Tech Support
Our client is a rapidly growing US-based AI software provider. Their innovative platform provides advanced Data Analytics that allow companies to make sense of massive data sets to inform time-sensitive, high-impact decision-making.
They have immediate openings for motivated IT professionals to be part of their growing team with the option of work-from-home positions. If you are a Computer Science or IT graduate who is passionate about innovation and technology, then this is your opportunity. We look forward to meeting you! Training will be provided, Compensation is competitive. They are a dynamic and forward-thinking company that offers an exciting opportunity for IT support professionals looking to expand their careers in innovative directions and become an integral part of their growing team.
• Review and respond to incoming and existing support cases via ZenDesk helpdesk
• Review and respond to voicemails received to the support hotline.
• Attempt to recreate customer-reported issues using the Client’s platform, either locally (via docker), on existing company infrastructure, or via a cloud-based self-managed sandbox environment.
• Assist in the updates/maintenance of internal systems/machines running the Client’s platform
• Organize and track bugs and feature requests in Jira Software
• Enhance public and internal documentation
• Stay in close communication with fellow CS department team members, prepare hand-over/shift end reports keeping issues moving forward for customers.
• Ensure that SLA’s for first response and follow-up times are adhered to to collaborate with team members, share best practices for support enablement, and occasionally contribute to enablement projects.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Principles, and Query optimization strategies.
• Genuine passion for technology and innovation, with the ability to find creative solutions to solve technical challenges.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience with Linux file systems & Linux servers
• 1+ years of demonstrated experience as a Solutions Architect, Technical Account Manager, Help Desk/Support Engineer, or other relevant customer-facing technical role.
• Excellent English communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Proactive demeanor, comfort working independently, and eagerness to learn new technologies.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Excitement around the company values of Technological Leadership, Ownership, Humility, Be Different, and Day One Attitude
Bonus Qualifications to make you stand out
• Experience with common BI and data exploration tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Microstrategy, PowerBI, Spotfire, etc.
• Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to BI, and analytics tools.
• Demonstrated experience in a role supporting Linux/Unix applications.
Main Responsibilities include
• Obtain a deep understanding of the company’s technology and be willing to learn new technologies as needed.
• Articulate the company’s value proposition to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Engage with prospects and clients in a way that leaves them feeling appreciated and valued.
• Solve complex technical challenges related to the company’s suite of products, and provide architectural guidance related to big data analytics
• Help with SQL and performance implications.
• Work closely with the product management and engineering teams to align client requirements with future product enhancements.
• Coordinate, prioritize, and organize outstanding requested product enhancements, in accordance with product team and customer feedback.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the big data and analytics ecosystem and how to position the company’s services in relation to other technologies.
• Diagnose and reproduce customers’ technical issues quickly and in an expedient manner while trying to get to root cause analysis.
Workspace requirements for work from home (options available to support upgrades)
• High speed connectivity
• Intel i5 or better with 16GB RAM or greater. Mac OS or Linux strongly preferred
• Quiet workspace & Headset