- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Customs Administration, Logistics/Transportation or equivalent.
- Licensed Customs Broker
- 1-4 working experience in the same capacity.
- Must be able to work and cope in a fast paced working environment.
- Experience in processing and sending of billing and preparing job cost.
- Adept in negotiating, complaint handling and change management.
- Knowledge of incoterms, billing requirements, import/export process and regulations, exposed in logistics chain solution.
- Ability to work with partners and produce quality service within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles lodgement and documentation of shipments such as House Bill of Lading, Air Waybill, Packing List, and Commercial Invoice
- Facilitates the pick-up, loading, tracking, tracing of customers’ container van, and other pertinent schedules.
- Attends to general inquiries of local clients thru phone and/or personal inquiries (two hours for monitoring of shipment, within 24-hours for other inquiries) and coordinates the information to supervisor and operations personnel to maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Constantly monitors the status of transported container and proactively relays/updates client of the necessary information such as, but not limited to location, arrival, BL/House number, or with its irregularities on documents.
- Processes documentation for BOC submission (e.g. Container Guaranty, Abandonment Letter, Authorization Letter, etc.).
- Constantly update the arrivals of vessel schedule
- Recommends customer complaints & commendation handling mechanism modification within company standards to minimize costs while conforming to customers’ requirements.
- Perform other job-related activities and duties as may be requested and assigned by the Department Head.