Do you want to help creators earn a living from their passion?
At Podia, we’re building the most creator-friendly platform on the planet to help people sell online courses, memberships, webinars, and digital downloads to their audience.
The online business content world is a noisy one, overflowing with clickbait content promising quick riches for little work…as long as you buy today.
We do things differently.
When you join our content team, you’ll:
- Protect online creators from shallow, predatory content 🛡
- Show them what they’re actually capable of achieving 🏆
- Help them do the work required to move forward, whether they’re building their first product or planning their 50th launch 📈
- Remove the obstacles standing in their way, and lead our creators to success 💰
You’ll do that by creating extraordinary, rich, actionable, uncompromising content; we expect every piece we publish to be the best of its kind on the internet.
If you share our passion for helping creators earn money doing what they love, and you’re excited by the idea of spending your days writing content to extremely demanding standards, then we’d love to chat!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Publish two long-form (2,500+ words) pieces per week teaching creators the ins-and-outs of marketing, starting their business, and more 📝
- Collect stats, case studies, and outside research for every piece of advice you give to make your advice bulletproof, credible, and cited to the sky 💪
- Independently conduct SEO research for every article and incorporate it into your final product 🏗️
- Write social copy for every piece you publish 📣
- Create branded graphics for every article with Canva 🎨
- Coordinate with outside sources to collect original quotes for your articles 💬
- Engage with our community of creators to do research for your content, promote new articles, and respond to feedback ⌨️
- Suggest ~12 stock photos total via a paid subscription for 3 articles a week. 🖼
- Help with other marketing projects as needed in your free time (e.g. copy for an online course or landing page) 🔧
We’re looking for someone with:
- Full-time availability. We love freelancers, but this is a full-time job for someone who wants to be a key player on our team for the long-haul. ⌚
- 2+ year experience writing at least 2 amazing, long-form, SEO-friendly content pieces per week. 🖊️
It’d be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and/or sold an online course, membership, or download before 🤑
- Have 2+ year experience working in a remote environment 🗺️
- Have worked with digital creators before 💡
- Have worked with an editor before 📝
- Have created, edited, and published infographics with online tools (Venngage, Canva, et cetera) before 🧰
- Can provide at least one reference from an editor ✅
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world 💰
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that, work whenever and wherever you work best 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. After onboarding, you’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce some ideas 💡
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone 🌈
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people ❤️
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more ☺️
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together (or a still-pretty-great virtual retreat when there’s a global pandemic) ✈️
Sound like you? Want to be part of a smart, nimble, motivated team working hard to build something big?
We’ve been around since 2014, have the greatest customers in the world, and a team that will stop at nothing to help our creators win.
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you 📣
About the hiring process:
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately, and continue to review them for the first two weeks after the date of posting. There’s no benefit to applying in the first five minutes, and we’d rather you take your time. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes. We typically reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who move on to a small test project.
The project phase is a paid article, run very much like an in-house piece of content at Podia. We’ll contact you to reserve a three-day slot in the upcoming week to complete your test article, and once that slot begins, we’ll send you your assignment.
After that, we’ll review the test projects, provide feedback in a single revision round for promising projects, and then based on the results of the revision round, select candidates to go on for interview.
You’ll have three total interviews over Zoom, including:
- The CMO
- The Director of Content (Hiring manager)
- The CEO
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we’ll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We’ll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10 minute call or email.
Finally, all going well, we’ll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳
We’re looking forward to chatting 🙂