BUILD A RELIABLE UNDERGROUND NATIONAL BACKBONE NETWORK VIA HORIZONTAL DIRECTIONAL DRILLING (HDD) USING AIR BLOWN FIBER TECHNOLOGY. Support the Area Manager in Management and Monitoring of Project Implementation of National Backbone Projects in the assigned area and ensure compliance to agreed Project Specifications, Budget and Timeline.
- Assist the Area Manager in managing and monitoring project implementation of National Backbone Projects ensuring compliance to agreed Project Specifications, agreed Timelines and completed within approved Budget.
- Act and resolve minor issues and concerns of all National Backbone Projects in their area of responsibility, escalate if cannot be resolved within the authority of the position.
- Review, validate and ensure the accuracy of Billing Statements submitted by contractors prior to endorsement to higher Management for settlement.
- Support the Area Manager in ensuring compliance of the suppliers/contractor obligations as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Support the Area Manager in ensuring that suppliers/contractors follow strictly safety measures within the project area.
- Support the Area Manager in ensuring the suppliers/contractors remain cooperative and responsive in fulfilling their contractual obligations and avoid disputes.
DOCUMENTATION AND BILLING:
- Review, validate and Ensure that all “As-Built” plans and work alterations are recorded for future reference.
- Review, validate and ensure the accuracy of Billing Statements submitted by contractors based on validated “As-Built” plans and Bill Of Quantities (BOQ).
- Prepare and Submit National Backbone Project Updates in areas of responsibility regularly, i.e.; weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in the following fields of Specialization:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communications
- Five (5) Year Outside Plant Engineering Design or Outside Plant Construction Experience • Testing and Acceptance
- Project Management
- Contractor Management
- Billing and Documentation
- Project Costing and Estimates Outside Plant Engineering Design
- Outside Plant Construction ✓ Aerial Cable Installation Practices ✓ Civil Works Construction Practices Testing and Acceptance Procedures
- Negotiation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Escalation Skills