SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a member of the team, conducts various data entry, management and reporting activities as trained and assigned in a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) or other database system to ensure accurate information in reports.
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Enters various data, registers jobs and validates accuracy of certain operational data in the lab’s LIMS as trained and assigned. Key focus areas may include sample login data, field data, subcontract lab data, verification of report data accuracy, invoice data, maintenance of a customer database, and others.
- Performs other data quality verification functions as assigned in the future.
- Provides reports documenting reviews and changes where required.
- Ensures lab deadlines are met and the GBS Team Coordinator (or section Lab Manager in their absence) is notified immediately if the turnaround time specified cannot be met.
- Adopts and supports specific operational improvement activities as communicated by the GBS EHS Supervisor. These projects will focus on the improvement of quality and efficiency.
- Looks for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
- Able to respond to technical queries.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Ensures work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Remains familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
- Complies to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- Minimum four-year university degree from an internationally accredited institution.
- A minimum of one-year data entry, management and verification experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to data quality and operational excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (B2 or C1 level)
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Detail oriented
- High level of integrity
- Ability to learn new computer programs
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Organisation and efficiency
- Taking responsibility