|Application Deadline||Salary Range||Job Type|
|October 1st, 2021||From 3,000 US$ – 5,000 US$ per month||Full Time|
|Location Availability||Skills||Years of Experience|
|Anywhere||Python, SQL, software development, ELT/ETL||2+|
You will be responsible for leading and executing the company’s data development initiatives, defining technical database designs and implementations, performing technical quality assurance, and coordinating with Product Managers and Software Development Engineers to manage data feature requests, data architecture and transformations, data insights creation, and product roadmap implementations to ensure effective product development workflows.
To achieve this goal, you will bring data and analytical skills, contributing with hands-on development, ensuring good data governance, and performing design and code reviews to ensure that the company quality and security standards are always met.
Through this role, you will help establish a continuous improvement mindset, with special attention to keep a steady product feature release flow, as well as improving product technical documentation to help Caravelo achieve a continuous product improvement strategy.
- Use state-of-the-art data and database technologies to analyze, acquire, ingest, store, and transform data from multiple sources
- Produce data dashboards and insights
- Provide accurate estimation of complexity and delivery time
- Maintain and improve data solutions in production and staging environments
- Manage data pipeline scalability, error recovery, monitoring, alerting, and security
- Create and maintain data processing pipelines
- Understand business requirements and translate them into proper database modelling
- Create and manage conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Work closely with an international Product and Engineering team on a daily basis
- Create technical documentation both for implementation and training purposes
- Mentor and coach other Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Caravelo as a company on data best practices and technologies
Being part of the Software Development/Engineering team, the ideal candidate is aware of best practices in the field (e.g. analytics engineering, API gateways, GDPR compliance), the latest developments in data architecture, and is eager to implement solutions.
- Relevant work experience for 3-5 years in software development, data warehousing, or similar data-centric roles
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including DDLs, database design, and building data models
- Solid Python skills, especially in areas related to processing data
- Experience with major BI tools and building dashboards
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Strong written and spoken English
Benefits and Perks
- Remote-friendly company and flexible working hours
- A competitive salary according to your experience
- If you live in Spain, you will access to benefits paid from your gross salary (Health insurance, Transport/Restaurant/Kindergarten check) and discounted gym membership
- You will be joining a fast-moving and progressive company that prides itself on being at the forefront of software development within the airline industry
- A real chance to grow: there’s plenty of room for personal development
- The possibility to really see an impact and to see how your work affects the end result
Interested? Apply now!
You have until October 1st, 2021 to apply.