About tuft + paw:
We’re an early stage, fast growth company that values freedom + flexibility. We’re big on trust + autonomy: we don’t care where or when you work so long as you’re ripping through your to-do list— everyone enjoys flexible schedules, including optional 4-day work-weeks and meaningful equity.
We’ve laid a very strong foundation for a seasoned growth marketer to succeed:
- We’ve been growing organically 250% YoY for the last 3 years and we’re backed by some well known investors (Alexis Ohanian founder of Reddit, Guy Raz founder of ‘how I built this’ podcast, Andrew Wilkinson founder of Tiny Capital and Metalab).
- We have an in-house product team who develop unique, proprietary, high-margin products for cats that aren’t available anywhere else
- We have invested heavily in brand & brand marketing, we have high AOVs, word of mouth, repeat order rates, and a steady inbound stream of content
- Our team has a ton of DTC experience (Article, Inkbox, Arc’teryx, Mejuri, Bumble, Dosist)
Until now, we’ve focused primarily on building the foundation for long term success (product + brand). Now we’re looking for the right person to push harder on growth.
We’re looking for a Director of Growth to lead revenue growth and user acquisition. You will be responsible for defining the company’s growth plan, validating and executing growth programs, and optimizing growth channels.
- Identify a growth trajectory for the company, determining which layers of the funnel should growth initiatives be focused and setting KPIs to track progress against goals.
- Leverage data from various channels to paint a picture of customer behaviour and habits, to influence company-wide direction and growth-specific initiatives. Utilize the data to answer some of the “whys” that can act as growth blockers.
- Determine and execute strategy for paid social (primarily Facebook, Google) in partnership with external media buyers. Always looking for new ways to increase spend while maintaining a reasonable MER.
- Design and implement tests to validate new paid growth channels, including but not limited to TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, Brick and Mortar, Ambassadors etc.
- Tie all programming back to reaching revenue targets.
- Partner with Brand Marketing Director to:
- Identify and execute unpaid opportunities for growth online and offline, including QR codes, brick and mortar, marketplaces, loyalty programs, referral programs, word of mouth, etc.
- Determine opportunities to optimize existing channels (Email, SMS, Affiliate)
The Perfect Candidate
- A scrappy, technical, growth-minded hacker mindset (“how can we validate this experiment?”) with senior-level experience, especially in paid performance marketing managing 7-figure monthly spend on paid social
- Fascinated by the customer journey, looking at various touch-points to determine small tweaks that will make a big impact
- Insatiable desire for growth: always looking towards the next milestone and new ways to move the needle
- Lives for process: has no issue creating + managing infrastructures that enable analysis of user behavior, scientific experimentation, and targeted promotions
- Is very comfortable dealing with numbers, data analysis and conversant with the best tools for retrieving, manipulating, and visualizing data
- Proactively thinks of solutions and raises blockers/challenges before they happen
- Thinks outside the box and isn’t afraid to push back when their big idea is challenged
- Makes things happen fast, takes pride in finding scrappy solutions to ‘figure it out’
- Is comfortable juggling several projects at once and re-prioritizing based on business needs – this is a fast-paced, startup environment
- Strikes the perfect balance of immediate-term and long-term thinking to reach company objectives
Our Company Culture
- Bottom up: we ask our team what they need to succeed, then try our best to make it happen
- Run small, scrappy tests to find early results before we invest big in new products, campaigns and strategies
- Operate under the 80/20 rule; keeping things efficient + moving quickly
- Strike the perfect balance between immediate + long term programming
How we work together:
- We’re big on trust + autonomy: we don’t care where or when you work so long as you’re ripping through your to-do list— everyone enjoys flexible schedules, including optional 4-day work-weeks
- We’re always looking to improve how we work and thrive on feedback, regardless of seniority. We see failures as learning opportunities and are encouraged to take risks.
- We’re a small but mighty team of 9 that is supported by a cluster of mini agencies/freelancers who are super looped in (integrated in Asana, Slack, etc.)
- Every single person on our team is encouraged and expected to make a massive impact on company processes, growth and success. We’re self-motivated and independent but honest about our strengths and weaknesses.