- Responsible for coaching and counseling direct reports.
- Builds, develops and manages engineering team capable of carrying out needed engineering initiatives for the CPG.
- Overall accountability includes maintaining an efficient operation within the district to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers with in-depth ability to design and direct others.
- Knows and utilizes on a regular basis EFCO’s Project Plan and engineering applications for EFCO formwork. Must display EFCO’s core ideology, values and purpose.
- Manages engineering and drafting of pre-sales standard and special formwork as requested by sales. Partners with sales team to grow the business profitably by establishing safe forming concepts and developing feasible engineering plans based on the current overall engineering workload and priorities.
- Manages engineering and drafting of contracted standard formwork. Plans, conducts and supervises assignments, reviews progress and evaluates results of the team. Leads project “kick-off” meetings to establish the engineering plan, as well as weekly project meetings to track objectives to completion. Reviews and checks work of direct reports. Checks drawings and equipment lists. Coaches and provides counseling on formwork for engineers, drafters and checkers.
- Perform structural analysis of formwork and/or shoring to ensure safe use of equipment. Compile calculations to be submitted with erection drawings for an Engineering Assurance review and approval prior to shipping equipment.
- Lead and direct administrative engineering functions such as selection, hiring, developing and training of new and existing employees, employee reviews and development planning as well as assist in providing feedback regarding salary administration.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required including but not limited to developing and coordinating guidelines used in training for EFCO’s policies, procedures and forming systems. Recommends changes in procedures when appropriate. Updates drafting and engineering standards, as appropriate.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil), or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Formworks industry or Engineering at managerial position.
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations required.
- Must have ability to interpret specifications and use engineering judgment in non-typical design applications.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, organizational, training, and PC skills are required.
- Must work effectively under pressure, exercise good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Willing to work in Night Shift.
- Working hours : 8.30 p.m. to 5.30 a.m.
- Night Differential Pay is offered.
- Remuneration package is offered to suitable candidate and it will commensurate with qualifications and experience.