- Candidate must possess at least Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam) in Law or equivalent.
- At least 10 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably CEO/SVP/AVP/VP/Director specialized in Law/Legal Services or equivalent.
Duties and Responsibilities
Legal and Compliance
- Assists in all company’s legal transactions, partnerships, and projects.
- Ensure that all the company’s transactions comply with laws and regulations, while actively helping our company avoid possible legal risks and violations.
- Guides managers on regulatory and compliance matters
- Analyzes legal issues relating to proposed products
- Provides legal advice to employees and corporate officers
- Provides legal guidance for operations and procedures
- Advises on and executes measures to protect company from any legal risks
- Negotiates and coordinates business transactions
- Responsible for various contracts, legal reports and supporting documentation
- Ensures the company’s transactions comply with corporate laws and regulations
- Drafts and prepares legal documents, assessing partnerships, and negotiating deals
- Consults and assists in all corporate legal processes such as compliance issues, transactions, partnerships, and lawsuits
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Coordinates board and executive committee meetings and draft minutes
- Serves as a liaison for directors, officers and shareholders
- Directs the activities related to the annual meeting of shareholders
- Manage stock transfers, increase in capitalization and all regulatory requirements of the SEC
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
Quality Management System
- Develop and execute strategy that is aligned with the overall strategy.
- Responsible for managing this area through directing managers & directors to complete agreed upon objectives.
- Ensure that processes needed for the QMS are established, implemented, maintained, & audited.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Lead company to ISO certification.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS & any need for improvement.
- Ensures clear, concise, & accurate policies, procedures, instructions, forms, & objectives are provided & maintained. Guide managers & directors in the correct implementation of the QMS.
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). Provide this information on a timely basis to his boss so that clear future strategy can be mapped and achieved.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Identifies key performance indicators for the organizations human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Drafts and implements the organizations staffing budget, and the budget for the human resource department.
- Participates in professional development and networking conferences and events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.