About the Client:
CJ Baker and Associates provide personalized accounting, tax, and SMSF services to their clients through a family-based approach. They pride themselves on their relationships with clients and look to get them the best outcomes possible.
CJ Baker and Associates is committed to recruiting quality team members; they have a positive and friendly environment that offers their employees the ability to grow with knowledge and training from their highly skilled professional staff and regular training sessions.
CJ Baker and Associates is looking to fill a Senior Accountant role that can help prepare financial reports, perform research and analysis, maintain the general ledger, perform account reconciliations, assist with audit preparations, and carry out other accounting duties as may be required.
About the Role:
The client’s fun and caring team aim to provide great customer care and high quality Accounting, Tax and Unique Advisory services. They are a growing business and they are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs
- Preparing financial analyses and reports
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assisting with annual audit preparations
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
- ESG focused environment for the future and business sustainability. Use electronic (MS Excel based) workpapers and pride themselve in complete “best practice” approach to all tax and accounting matters
- Use of quality procedures and own detailed manuals on their systems and processes expected to be followed
- Team KPI’s and individual KPIs to achieve quality performance and best customer experience
About the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- At least 7-10 years of relevant work experience, specifically in AU Accounting
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Australian accounting or Australian tax is a must
- Customer outcome-focus by being efficient and action-focused
- Experience in people management
- Offers 5% sign on bonus
- Travel Opportunity to Australia for training purposes