How you’ll contribute:
- Perform daily health checks on network infrastructure reviewing device logs and responding to alerts.
- Monitor and maintain proactive real-time monitoring of network devices, connectivity, and utilization to ensure availability, redundancy, and stability.
- Perform investigation, isolation, troubleshooting on incidents/outages using known and published resolutions.
- Maintain Data Center’s devices and services to its standard operating environment. Patch cables are properly structured, power cables are correctly inserted, the cooling system is operational, review logbook, and Biometric.
- Accountable for the physical installation, testing, and maintenance of devices such as routers, switches, access points, firewalls, and other security-related equipment, UPS, and other relevant network devices.
- Actively participate in the change management lifecycle by creating and implementing requests for change (RFC), peer reviews, and attending regular change review meetings.
- Responsible for documenting, creating, and updating standard operating procedures and best practices troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure all tickets (service request, incident, change, problem, etc) due for closing are closed or within the SLA.
- Request fulfillment to the best of his/her ability to provide quality customer service to either internal or external stockholders/clients.
- Stay up-to-date and work with new emerging and innovative technologies in order to improve network infrastructure services. Act as Lead engineer in the absence of the team lead or manager, and a Level 3 escalation for high severity issues, VIP requests, and project implementation.
- Collaborate in the planning, testing, and proof of concept of new firmware, software upgrade, new device, concept, feature, and product.
- Recommend improvements to the principles of Network Engineering and its processes and procedures.
- Liaise with other IT departments and partners in resolving a problem, incidents, outages, identified vulnerability, bugs, and patches remediation.
- Accountable to maintain patch management strategy for network devices, keeping the firmware/software up-to-date or at least compliant with best practice and audit.
- Technical peer-review standard and normal RFC.
What we’re looking for:
- At least with 5 to 10+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in Telecom company or Internet Service Provider.
- Certification in CCNP/JNCIS or equivalent discipline is a must. ITIL Certification/IT Service Management.
- Expert in Cisco, HP, Aruba, Juniper, Mikrotik Router, and Switches.
- Expert in Routing and Layer 3 Network Protocol; Default, Static, OSPF, BGP and other routing protocols.
- Expert in Switching and Layer 2 Protocol; Ethernet, Fiber Optics, LAN/WAN, VLAN, VxLAN, QinQ, MPLS, EVPL, DLL, STP/MSTP/RSTP, 802.1X, 802.11, Bridge, LaCP/Link Aggregation, and GRE tunnel.
- Expert in Firewall/Next-Generation Firewall (Fortinet, Palo Alto, Juniper, Sophos, WatchGuard), Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IPS/IDS), Access Control List, Firewall Filter, NAT, IPSEC, SSL-VPN, and other security-related profiles.
- Expert in DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, TCP/UDP, Radius/TACACS, CMDB, Configuration Management, and Back up.
- Experience in NAC (Network Access Control) FortiNAC, Aruba Clearpass or PacketFence administration is an advantage.
- Expert in debugging logs and in-depth understanding of the devices can maximize its features.
- Advanced administrative experience in handling Network Monitoring Systems, including PRTG, Ping Plotter, IPAM, SolarWinds NPM, Zabbix, and Open NMS.
- Scripting/Automation skills (Python, Ansible) is a plus.
- Willing to visit any of our sites
IT – Network/Sys/DB Admin
IT – Network/Sys/DB Admin