- Align with the privacy, information security and technology teams, and all identified data owners on a strategy and project plan to identify:
- High risk areas to prioritize.
- Timeline for planned deletion activities.
- Approach to digital and physical record retention.
- Tooling to be assist with identifying data and deletion.
- Ongoing retention adherence.
- Managing stakeholders and dedicated resource to assist with the implementation and maintenance of the policy through workshops and individual engagement
- Producing regular reports on progress, where required to Governance Boards and Committees.
- Work closely with Data Retention Analysts, planning and evaluating work activities, and supporting in the development and growth of the overall data retention team.
Record and Information Lifecycle Management
- Providing solutions to records and information management for both electronic and paper records.
- Actively involved in managing records throughout their lifecycle.
- Providing advice and supporting the development and implementation of related policies and guidance.
- Act as a point of contact to all business areas with data retention and record management queries.
- Partnering with the Data Privacy Assurance Manager to monitor and audit the implementation of the policy to ensure adherence throughout the organization.
- Regularly reviewing and updating the group-wide and other related policies to reflect any changes to international retention laws and regulations or new markets we enter.
Promoting a Data Minimization Culture
- Champion a culture of good information management across the organization, e.g. through a dedicated group of data retention champions.
- Designing training programs, based on the retention policy and initiatives, to the business, data owners and those responsible for performing the deletion exercises (both digital and paper records).
- Work with Data Retention Analysts to ensure the team’s intranet and internal social pages are relevant and up to date.
- Partnering with the team to produce regular communications to the business.
- Producing regular guidance materials tailored to different functions.
Specialist skills and experience:
- Understanding of Data Structures – Databases, Unstructured data, Orphaned Data.
- Solid work approach and has the capacity to fulfil responsibilities with limited supervision whilst maintaining effective communications with the Data Privacy Manager and Deputy Data Privacy Manager.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to liaise with senior stakeholders across the organization.
- Process orientated and excellent attention to detail.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality in handling often sensitive team and business issues.
- Multi-tasker and proactive self-starter.
- 3 years’+ records management experience.
- Experience as a Project Manager or equivalent
- Degree-level qualified, such as Privacy or IT/Comms degree with a compliance add on.
- Previous experience and knowledge of data retention laws.
- Understanding data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Sports Betting & Gaming experience.
- Knowledge of international Data Privacy legislation.
- Professional project management or privacy qualifications e.g. IAPP CIPM or CIPP/E.
- Ethics & Integrity: Demonstrates high integrity and sound ethics. The ability to act with integrity to support the goals of the Group and the Entain LCD. Pattern of consistent ethical behavior, which fosters trust and demonstrates credibility; doesn’t sacrifice long-term integrity or viability to deal with short-term pressures.
- Client Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting the needs and expectations of clients by providing the necessary information in a clear, concise and timely manner. Provides the necessary advice and resources to resolve client concerns and remove obstacles to the business.
- Personal Skills: Takes into account the concerns, feelings, motives, strengths, and limitations of others. Acts in accordance with understanding and respect for all colleagues and internal and external clients.
- Organizational Skills: Establishes appropriate processes and procedures to assure achievement of specific business objectives or goals. Understands the need to properly allocate time and resources effectively and to prioritize tasks.
- Verbal and Written Communication: Demonstrates the ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing. Uses grammar, organization, vocabulary and structure properly. Uses different forms of communication when appropriate to enhance the understanding of the interested parties.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrates solid technical skills appropriate for the position.
- Accountability and Perseverance: Takes responsibility/accountability for the position and matters entrusted to him/her by supervisor. Follows through on matters to bring them to a timely and complete conclusion.
- Initiative: Takes on new projects or learning opportunities without having been directed to do so. Is self-motivated and shows passion and interest in accomplishing goals and exceeding expectations.
- Teamwork: Understands and respects the contributions of all members of the department. Properly identifies interested parties whether colleagues, supervisors or clients and is willing to share information and seek appropriate input. Collaborates to achieve results taking into consideration all who may be affected by the result.
- Professionalism: Contributes to a positive work environment that is conducive to and supportive of Entain LCD goals and that consistently and appropriately reflects Entain LCD’s role as a professional service organization.
- Adaptability: Ability to respond willingly to the demands of the moment even if pulled away from original plans.
- Resourcefulness: Ability to respond creatively and effectively to problems or obstacles that may arise in completing an assigned task, especially in difficult situations, through familiarity with available resources (internally or externally) or devising other ways to do something you do not know how to do or cannot do because of the lack of resources thereof.