Startup Grind is looking for an Event Manager to join our Events/Marketing team, playing a major role in the planning and production of our two global Conferences, taking place in Silicon Valley every February and in Europe every June/September (and annually), our Summits throughout the year and various virtual partner events we produce. This person will be responsible for creating content and strategy for our events and also be responsible for helping strategize with speaker selection.
The Event Manager will help organize and deliver best in class experiences, supporting our rapidly growing organization and global community of entrepreneurs. We are looking for a hard working, highly-organized individual who enjoys problem solving and multitasking in a fast-paced environment. You can keep your cool amidst the chaos (ie Events life!) You’re ready to dive-in and become immediately involved, creating impact.
From overall logistics to programming and coordinating speakers, creating unique experiences, and supporting our guests – this person will play a major role in the success of our events. The role will also include the following:
- Oversee vendors (food and beverage, furniture rentals, signage) and some special guests (speakers, volunteers, VIPs) and act as point-of-contact on-site
- Speaker Coordination/Programming – play a role in finding/helping to coordinate top talent (speakers) for the events. Startup Grind has hundreds of high level speakers at our events including founders from today’s top tech companies around the world.
- Own the event database – collect all details of the event and ensure our current database is organized and complete throughout the entire journey (Airtable experience is a plus!)
- Some account management support (sales research, sponsor logistics, etc)
- 3-5 years of experience in event management
- Must be highly organized and have an acute attention to detail
- Must be a multi-tasker and be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be willing to work on PST hours (or as many hours as possible on PST to work with SF-based event/marketing teams) and have experience / be able to work well in a remote position if not SF-based.
- Travel may be required to SF and London
There is a huge opportunity for the right person in this role. You’ll learn a ton and have the chance to become a big contributor for the company as a whole. You’ll be joining a small startup that’s built by a hard working, lean team. You’ll get to see your work come to life at our events each year.
We’ll want you to be scrappy and ready to take on a lot of responsibility, with guidance and mentorship along the way. Please submit your resume/CV and a short cover letter in email to[email protected]