Assists customers with requests for repair and for maintenance service to ensure that the vehicle is fixed right the first time. Assists the Shop Supervisor in the operations of the service center by writing up work orders, distributing work to staff, accurately maintaining records, supporting promotional activities, complying with safety and environmental programs and practices, and any other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greets all customers promptly; provides timely professional service.
• Departs from traditional ways of doing things to ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Provides excellent customer service by listening to customer inquiries and requests, asking questions to identify service needs, resolving customer concerns, and sells additional services when appropriate.
• Estimates cost and completion time/settles customer accounts.
• Communicates with customer about status of work.
• Coordinates activities to ensure repair work is fixed right the first time and completed on time.
• Obtains the customer’s written approval on all repair orders at the time of the write-up or when closing additional add-on sales.
• Inspects every finished repair order for proper completion, pricing accuracy, and legibility.
• Meets or exceeds goals for service labor and add on sales.
• Delivers the right car in perfect condition every time.
• Identifies repeat customers and treats them accordingly.
• Answers incoming telephone calls promptly, courteously, and makes every effort to satisfy the caller’s inquiry.
• Documents repair order changes.
• Eliminates surprises for customer by reviewing service repairs and their associated charges to ensure accuracy.
• Promptly addresses and resolves customer viewpoint issues.
• Builds productive working relationships with fellow employees through clear communications.
• Has an approachable style; fosters open communication through active listening.
• Asks relevant questions regarding repair or service request to ensure proper servicing of vehicle.
• Maintains open communications with technical staff regarding job status changes.
• Speaks clearly, concisely, and effectively.
• Assists customers in identifying problems and concerns so that proper service and maintenance can be specified.
• Ensure customers are satisfied with service.
• Promotes cooperation and teamwork among technicians and support staff.
• Assists other Service Advisors when needed.
• Effectively handles and implements changes in Service Department.
• Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
• Maintains composure and courtesy in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
• Ensures that work is completed on time and as requested.
• Explains the need for additional or unanticipated services and associated cost to the customer.
• Acts quickly to implement plans; organizes work efficiently; follows up to ensure successful implementation.
• Utilizes basic technical knowledge to develop potential cause of problems.
• Provides additional vehicle information to technicians as needed.
• Explains technical information about repairs to customers.
• Suggests additional services that service department offers.
• When necessary, assigns a particular technician to work on a car.
The successful candidate must have the following basic qualifications:
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree, Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent.
- Computer Literate
- Has a very strong desire to help their customers.
- Willingness to go further in making sure that the expectations of their customers are addressed.
- Aggressive to take new challenges
- Must possess Excellent Customer Service
- Valid Driver’s License
- Exposure to the Automotive Service Industry is a big advantage