Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Provide day-to-day technical support for network infrastructure and desktop systems software and hardware to ensure proper operation of technology applications and equipment.
What you will be doing:
- Provides desk-side assistance in resolving technology support issues.
- Performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups and other maintenance tasks.
- Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment (rotating on-call and holiday support may be required.
- Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
- Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
- Uses effective listening skills to develop understanding of client questions or issues.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers and network issues in a heterogeneous environment.
- Documents, tracks and monitors client incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
- Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommends solutions including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- May have expertise in commonly used business applications.
- May handle phone and email assistance as well.
What you bring
- Open for both Manila & Cebu Applicants.
- Must be willing to work on a night shift
- At least 1 year and up experience in Helpdesk support – individuals capable of taking calls, do root-cause analysis, provide solutions to customers
- Or 3 years and up experience in Technical Support
- At least 1 year and up experience in Active Directory (password reset, creation of accounts, understanding of provisioning details and etc.), Virtual Machine and Remote-user support
- Enterprise Device Management or MDM Support experience – a plus but not a must.
- Ability to verbalize or express complex technical concepts effectively in writing and overall excellent communication and customer interface skills
- Skill in troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools for client accessibility problems to applications and network ( e.g., resetting password, bouncing PU, resetting remote devices
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Ability to provide appropriate level of support and guidance with FIS applications and procedures
- Effective use of listening skills to develop an understanding of client inquiries and problems
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated to learn new technology and new ways to deliver support
- Shows enthusiasm when providing technical support
- Stays up-to-date with latest technology
- Problem Solving and critical thinking skills
Tech & Helpdesk Support