$100,000 to $180,000+ USD & Stock Options
Let’s start with why we exist. 📡
Ever wondered if your employer is monitoring your work computer?
At Fleet, we think it’s time device management went open source.
Why should you join us? 🛸
- Work from anywhere with good internet. (We’re 100% remote. No office. No commute.) Everyone works remote, but you don’t feel remote. There is no “headquarters”. You are free to travel and move.
- Fleet can offer you a competitive salary, significant equity, and an independent, outsider-friendly culture. Work with helpful, kind, and motivated people who know what they’re doing.
- At Fleet, we value focus, iteration, and meaningful results– not 60 hour work weeks. We are non-judgmental and laser-focused on growing the company.
- Work closely with experienced, well-funded founders and a great team, including the people who created osquery (osquery.io) and Sails (sailsjs.com). We care about openness and transparency.
- Work computers can be private and safe. Help make endpoint monitoring less intrusive and more transparent.
- Protect the production servers and employee laptops of Earth’s largest companies. Work on a product used by lots of people who care about what you do.
- Fleet is growing quickly, with significant revenue from Fortune 1000 customers. You will have lots of opportunities to make decisions, learn, and try new things.
As the first backend engineering role on the interface team, this position will provide significant opportunity for growth into a leadership role either in management or as an individual contributor. Unlock the potential of Fleet’s platform by building new APIs, integrations, and features. Collaborate closely with frontend engineers to implement and leverage new backend capabilities.
Fleet’s server is written in Go with go-kit and Fleet’s UI is written in React. Deployments range from single servers to over 100,000 clients connected to horizontally scaled Fleet servers, handling tens of thousands of requests per minute. We aim to keep Fleet’s deployment as simple as possible to ease self-hosted deployment. MySQL and Redis are used for persistence and caching.
- Design and implement new features and APIs with Go in Fleet’s 100% source-available codebase.
- Work with Fleet’s product team, customers, and the wider open-source community to improve IT and security workflows.
- Work closely with frontend engineers to implement new API features.
- Support customers and users using software you built at organizations you’ve heard of.
Are you our new teammate? 🧑🚀
- Mid-level to senior engineering experience (4+ years) with backend or full-stack software engineering.
- Experience building scalable, production quality servers.
- Experience with Redis and/or SQL databases. (Particularly MySQL or MariaDB.)
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining REST APIs.
- ⏰ Your work hours have significant overlap with Americas time zones.
- 🗣️ You have great written and oral communication skills, especially in English.
- 🔩 You are competent with source control in Git. You use issue trackers and other worthwhile processes to get more meaningful work done.
- 🪜 You can mentor other developers and do code reviews. Maybe you managed open source projects before; maybe you collaborated closely with more junior engineers at work. You understand the importance of promoting a positive engineering culture.
- Bonus: Experience programming with Go and go-kit.
- Bonus: Experience programming with React.
- Bonus: Experience working with Mobile Device Management (MDM) APIs.
- Bonus: Experience deploying/monitoring/managing containers with Docker/K8s.