SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. We operate a network of more than 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
Working as part of our corporate IT teams, you will be in charge of all SGS websites front end developments. You will combine the art of design with the science of programming. Using your proven experience, you will be responsible for the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code.
- Work closely with SGS partners and participate to the re-font of our websites based on headless architecture.
- Translate business and IT specifications into detailed design, source code, unit tests and system tests.
- Determine the structure and design of the web pages.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout design.
- Ensure the quality of the development by implementing best practices
- Optimize the code to ensure maximum speed and scalability.
- Provide 3rd level support on live applications in collaboration with other team members.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Assist the business in designing webpages based on best practices in UX design.
- Assist in defining standards and methodologies to be used.
- Participate to the development of reusable components / frameworks.
- Enjoy working on the latest versions of front-end frameworks and libraries
- Have some interest or you are keen to develop your knowledge in back end development. You will get to work with .NET, and Node.js
- We use Azure for everything but if you don’t know much about Cloud technology then we will happily teach you.
- High Level Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subject
- Minimum 7 years of relevant front-end development experience in an international environment
- Strong understanding of the Application Lifecycle Management
- Good trouble shooting skills is a must.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
• ReactJS (ideally up to version 17)
• Basic knowledge of NodeJS/npm
• Modern layout methodologies (Flexbox , Grid, CSS variables, media queries)
• Responsive, mobile-first approach
• GiT (and GiT Flow)
• HTML5 and DOM manipulation
• WCAG 2.0 AA-accessibility standards (ARIA tags etc.)
• Cross-browser compatibility QA
• Experience with REST API integration
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
• TypeScript (strong asset)
• Experience with Storybook
• Sitecore JSS (strong asset)
• NextJS (Strong asset)
- Tailwind CSS
- BEM Methodology
- Experience with integration in Sitecore CMS and/or other Headless CMS
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with SVGs