SGS is the leading Inspection, Testing, Verification and Certification company.
As a member of the team, conduct various data entry, management and reporting activities as trained and assigned in a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) or other database system to ensure accurate information in reports.
Operational direct reporting to Affiliate lab manager or supervisor; administrative accountability to GBS Supervisor.
· At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
· Enter various data, register jobs and validate accuracy of certain operational data in the lab’s LIMS as trained and assigned. Key focus areas may include sample login data, field data, subcontract lab data, verification of report data accuracy, invoice data, maintenace of a customer database, and others.
· Perform other data quality verification functions as assigned in the future.
· Providing reports documenting reviews and changes where required.
· Ensure lab deadlines are met and the GBS Team Coordinator (or section Lab Manager in their absence) is notified immediately if the turnaround time specified cannot be met.
· Adopt and support specific operational improvement activities as communicated by the GBS EHS Supervisor. These projects will focus on the improvement of quality and efficiency.
· Look for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
· Be able to respond to technical queries.
· Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
· Ensure work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
· Remain familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
· Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
· Minimum four-year university degree from an internationally accredited institution.
· A minimum of one year data entry, management and verification experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated commitment to data quality and operational excellence
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (B2 or C1 level)
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Detail oriented.
· High level of integrity
· Ability to learn new computer programs
· Teamwork and co-operation
· Organisation and efficiency
· Taking responsibility
The candidate must possess the following skills:
· Outstanding sense of organization, detail-oriented and meticulous
· Strong analytical skills with ability in managing and processing data
· Ability to produce clear and organized reports and e-mail/correspondence
· Must possess good oral and written communication skills in English.
· Customer focus, delivery and results oriented
· Adaptable to change and works well under pressure
· Team player and able to work with minimum supervision