SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As a member of the team in our Global Business Solutions (GBS) center, conducts laboratory information processing and analytics in support of sustainable lab operations. In particular, validates, tracks and reports on the status of lab certifications and other information management functions according to strict quality and ethical standards. The point-person from the team who performs the work scheduling, assists in KPI monitoring and training of other members.
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Schedules all work daily across the assigned GBS team to meet project requirements in turnaround and quality. Reassigns the team throughout the day as required.
- Prepares shift roster and ensure adequate cover when a team member is on leave. Ensures the team is following the roster and resolves any issues that may arise. Escalates to the Affiliate Manager and GBS Supervisor as required.
- Prepares KPI data and reports as required.
- Worldwide laboratory certifications verifications (including methods, analyte lists, performance limits, expiration dates, etc.), database creation, maintenance and tracking, and quality control checks; including
- Translation of all SGS EHS laboratory certificates obtained for our worldwide network of labs into English using SGS’s internal translation software;
- Create tracking reports to key management, with alerts on certification changes and approaching expirations;
- Ensure the Global Manager is notified immediately if any certifications in the database have not been successfully renewed prior to expiration.
- Set up support for new global Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), data transfer and database population, quality control checks; including
- Perform system configuration such as core scheme, product code, price code (and all related group), QC Masks, and all linked reference master data;
- Test system setup before delivering to the production based on the validation protocols defined by the business line;
- Prepare validation documentation for the configuration applied to test codes;
- Perform user acceptance test and document the outcomes;
- Support the standardization of LIMS within EHS line of business;
- Support the implementation of LIMS in SGS laboratories based on the business strategy;
- Provide coaching and collaboration to Global LIMS super users.
- Other data management functions as required.
- Keeps Global Manager, GBS Supervisor and any other key Affiliate personnel informed immediately of all operational issues, including:
- Personnel matters affecting performance,
- Failure to meet turnaround requirements,
- Failure to meet ISO17025, country certifications and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable,
- Inconsistencies in quality control procedures so they may be rectified immediately,
- Additional training requirements identified.
- Adopts and supports specific operational improvement activities as communicated by the GBS Team Lead. These projects will focus on the improvement of quality, efficiency, accreditation, communication and technical improvement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all required analytical procedures in the section.
- Looks for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
- Able to respond to technical queries.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Ensures work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Remains familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
- Complies to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- Minimum university degree in chemistry or information technology
- A minimum of one-year lab experience
- Prior experience with LIMS and other database software a plus
- Experience with lab certification processes and data management of lab results a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to data quality and operational excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (B2 or C1 level)
- Management skills
- Knowledge and expertise in Laboratory process
- Understand end-to-end lab process
- Understand how analytical tests and associated instrumentation are performed
- Understand the lab quality control principles
- Understand the testing report logic
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written; able to effectively get across messages and ideas to audience like IT Developers, Lab experts, business users, business LIMS managers.
- Ability to coach people and obtain their buy-in;
- Ability to apply judgment and adhere to SGS ethics, standards and integrity;
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Self-motivated and takes responsibility
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Organisation and efficiency