Pilmico Foods Corporation is the integrated agribusiness and food company of Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (AEV). Composed of four divisions: Flour, Feeds & Animal Health, Farms, and Trading, we are well positioned at the beginning of the value chain. True to our brand promise of being Partners for Growth, we nurture our business and communities by providing business solutions and building partnerships for growth.
We operate in the Philippines nationwide and have a growing international presence in the following ASEAN countries: Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Hong Kong.
Investing in talent and upholding Aboitiz values of Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Responsibility are key drivers to sustaining the growth of our business.
Here at Pilmico, we value each talent for the unique contribution they bring to the organization. We recognize that today’s global workforce is made up of diverse individuals with different skills, abilities and aspirations that enable them to achieve superior results; as such, we select our partners based on these attributes that are not typically found in someone’s resume.
We are advocates of self-development and believe that people’s success lies in their passion to learn something new and different every day. This is why our hiring philosophy is to open up and give equal opportunity to any talent regardless of where they are today in pursuit of education.
The General Manager is overall responsible for the BASCo business, designing the strategies and driving execution in line with the priorities of Pilmico Foods Corporation. He/she pursues sales and market share growth of BASCo branches in their respective territories and drives expansion in other areas, while ensuring efficient operations towards achieving expected profitability.
- BASCo Management
- In alignment with Pilmico/Flour management, develops and deploys BASCo objectives, goals and strategies
- Through branch and functional team members, drives execution of plans and monitors results, ensuring business objectives are achieved
- Defines, secures and assigns resources to support business needs
- Manages BASCo Branch Manager(s), overall responsible for all BASCo team members and ensures they operate at a high level of performance
- Responsible for the strategic relationship with third-party service providers such as warehousing and logistics suppliers
- Represents BASCo externally and internally within Pilmico/Aboitiz
- Keeps abreast of market developments and trends, including competitive activity, incorporates knowledge in strategies and tactics as required
- Works with Branch Managers and their Sales & Sales Support Specialists to drive customer relationship management and deepen end-user loyalty
- With the Finance Manager, ensures long-term viability and financial health of the business via specific interventions to achieve and maintain profitability
- Maintains good working relationship with wider Pilmico & Aboitiz organizations in support of BASCo business
- Brings innovative solutions that drive end-user stickiness, expand the customer base and ultimately provides sustainable competitive differentiation for BASCo in the market
- Ensures effective and efficient use of company assets and resources
- Drives continuous improvement via learning mindset and best practice sharing, and process improvement across all BASCo operations
- Food Safety:
- Complies with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company;
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
- Other Tasks:
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc;
- Performs other tasks related to the job as may be assigned by the immediate superior.
A graduate of any four year course preferably in Management, Business Administration, Marketing
Three to five (3-5) years experience in distributor operations, with the competencies in the areas of:
- Sales & distribution management
- Trade marketing
- Business development
- Financial management
- Entry level:
- Ability to articulate ideas and communicate them clearly, confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to understand abstract or general ideas and apply them to specific situations;
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of electronic spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use, capabilities and limitations of Basco products;
- Ability to articulate and convey relevant market & industry-related information;
- Ability to analyze the nature of a problem in order to take appropriate corrective and preventive actions;
- Proficiency in the use of company-authorized computer applications.
- Personal Skills Required:
- Communication, interpersonal and presentation
- People management, including performance management and coaching
- Analytical and data-based management
- Planning and organization
- Problem solving / process improvement
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Able to handle a high pressure, dynamic working environment
Reports to: Commercial Innovation Director