- Graduate of Engineering, Business or Vocational Technical Course
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing set-up.
- Knows trouble shooting of machines.
- knows electro mechanical diagram.
- Responsible for the safekeeping, maintenance and repair of all equipment, machines, building and tooling in the plant. Also responsible for the overall safety of the company especially the production floor.
- Designs the Preventive Maintenance procedure and schedule for all the machines, tools and equipment supporting production.
- Ensures that there is a ready (relatively) team to undertake and unscheduled machine downtime by having a ready protocol list of things to do ,ie to call suppliers technicians, doing initial diagnosis while waiting for expert help,etc.
- Advises management if there are special highlights and technical callouts.
- Assesses technical training needs for technicians.
- Endorses training schedule for Plant Manager who in turn will coordinate with the Human Resource Department (HRD).
- Performs administrative functions that includes , but not limited to employee performance and attendance monitoring, welfare and crisis management, among others.
- Performs all other duties necessary to achieve Department goals and objectives.
- Designs a safety inspection checklist and safety inspection schedule and procedure.
- Conducts safety inspection on site and documents deviations/ recommendations and endorses the same to the Plant Manager.
- Ensures that all registers and checklist are updated on a regular basis.
- Complies risk assessment, safe working procedure and method statement basing on actual observation of the process at the production floor.
- Identifies and evaluates the risk which employees may be exposed to and ensures that all employees are oriented of such and the hazards prevalent on site. This includes training in the in the use of a fire extinguisher and other safety implements.
- Designs an Incident report to document and safety implications that may occur inside the company.
- Documents incident or accident and spearheads thorough investigation and come up with remedial actions to prevent future occurrence.
- Compiles monthly man-hours and injury reports and ensures regular updating for reporting to management.
- Appoints/trains safety representatives from all levels and schedules and chairs regular safety meetings with them.
- Ensures that all deviations mentioned in the meetings are documented,rectified and corrected.
- Prepares the site emergency evaluation plan and ensures all safety representatives as well as management is supplied with a copy of the plan.
- Ensures all safety signs and notices are prominently displayed on site that includes evacuation plan/map.
- Conducts regular fire prevention inspections with findings documented and reported to management.