We specialise in white label email for telcos and service providers, to help them increase their customer engagement and brand revenue. Our history of innovation started in 1998, when we launched one of the first commercial webmail platforms. Today, atmail powers over 170 million mailboxes worldwide, with team members in Australia, the US, EU, India and Asia. If you’re looking for customisable and scalable email solutions, white labelled for your brand (or your customer’s brand), available on-premises or in the cloud, we can help.
The Engineering Operations function owns the technical design and delivery of atmail products and user experience including software development and deployment, operation and maintenance of platform services in various cloud environments.
This position is focused on providing software, engineering development and operations solutions that improve product stability, security and scale in a commercial environment with a customer- centric mindset. QA is an integral part of this work and needs to adhere with the framework set by the QA / Release Manager.
- As part of an Engineering Operations team, contribute detailed technical expertise across some or all areas of software development and integration, solutions and services, application and user interface architecture to deliver a secure and stable product for customers and to progress the product roadmap;
- Backfill across the Engineering Operations, Product Innovation and Partner Development and Customer Success squads as needed, providing software engineering, development/operations, project management, technical and customer support to maintain the operational effectiveness of atmail's product line and cloud environments during sprints, development and deployment peak periods. Adhere to guidance and QA practices established by the QA / Release Manager;
- Thoroughly investigate technical issues, troubleshoot and undertake root cause analysis for complex issues and work closely with the Customer Success squad to enable them to keep the customer and account manager (where applicable) fully informed of status and progress;
- Autonomously manage individual work priorities (as determined by the Senior Engineer), deadlines, risks and expectations in the pursuit and delivery of high-quality technical developments and improvements, demonstrating business acumen, initiative and creative thinking;
- Build relationships and connections with industry networks, customers and partners, continuously scan the external environment and identify trends and innovation which informs atmails product and customer support process;
- Participate in project and sprint activities, managing work priorities and maintaining open communication channels to manage expectations and keep internal stakeholders informed;
- Perform on call roster duties as required, resolving technical situations with the customer and business front of mind;
- Be eyes and ears of atmail, flag and report any problems or issues that may be identified, even if outside area of responsibility, to enable a proactive approach to be taken by the business;
- Work within all legal and ethical boundaries that are either enforceable by law or that would be expected by atmail staff, company policy or the wider community; and
- Ensure the successful outcomes for atmail and maintain a commitment to atmail’s longevity by undertaking any other duties within the scope of your skills, competence and training as directed from time to time.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in GoLang Development
- Strong scripting, programming and/or system administration experience with demonstrable competence in modern web frameworks and/or server-side high performance languages (ReactJS, PHP, Python, C/C++, etc.);
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of an agile team environment with strong communication and collaboration skills;
- Demonstrable broad industry knowledge and experience as it relates to “as a Service” architectures and associated trends;
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to identify improvements, determine priorities, multi-task and effectively and efficiently meet strict deadlines; and
- A Bachelor (or higher) degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience.
Would be Nice Features
- It is highly desirable that the candidate has experience developing and configuring email server technologies;
- Experience designing and developing solutions within cloud architectures (AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Experience developing for continuous integration, delivery and deployment;
- Demonstrable “cloud-first” mindset aligned with designing and developing large-scale, highly available and cost-efficient systems;
- Experience developing effective platform monitoring and alerting;
- Experience working within Agile, Lean, Prince2 or PMBOK project management organisations;
- Demonstrable database management and administration capabilities;
- Knowledge in information security architecture technologies, service frameworks (e.g. ITIL) and IT Security principles;
- Experience working with global teams across different time zones; and
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing role (both internal & external).
- Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM Manila Time
- Must have strong internet connection & own equipment at home
By clicking on the “I’m Interested” button I hereby allow Outsourced Quality Assured Services, Inc. (“Outsourced”) to store and collect my personal information for the purposes of employment application. As such, I agree and authorize Outsourced to collect, store, or continue to use my personal information for the above-stated purpose, and to retain my personal information for a period of 1 year, and for these purposes only.