As Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for building out and leading all aspects of our marketing strategy, ranging from social media and digital campaigns to digital strategy and SEO. You’ll lead the thinking for driving growth and brand awareness by segmenting our users, selecting segments to focus on, and assembling the resources needed to drive adoption of Geneva among those segments. You will collaborate with our CEO, Community team, and other teams to build our holistic approach to user acquisition and retention.
About the role
As our first dedicated marketing hire, you will build out a qualitative and quantitative framework for how Geneva grows through a combination of content, community, and product-led growth loops. Your work will include:
- Lead and support go-to-market strategy and lifecycle campaigns to drive user acquisition, engagement and retention
- Develop novel viral marketing ideas with the CEO and Community team and assemble a working team and external resources (if needed) to execute on them
- Partner with the Community team to drive awareness and virality through social channels (particularly TikTok and Instagram) as well as targeted press coverage
- Help add definition to our user segments so we can make more precise marketing and product decisions that map to the motivations of each segment
- Ensure our brand and messaging is strong, consistent, and clear across all channels and marketing efforts (including our website, social media, email campaigns, and more)
- Build out a quantitative approach to set, monitor, and report on team success metrics across marketing channels and user segments
- Build out new owned marketing funnels that optimize the Geneva discovery experience across channels
- You have at least 8 years of experience in brand marketing, social media marketing, and/or product marketing for consumer (B2C) products — preferably with mobile apps — and experience managing multi-vertical teams.
- You have experience developing an overall marketing plan, ideating and executing marketing campaigns from start to finish, and measuring the return on investment on those campaigns.
- You’re excited to build a team from the ground up and be in the weeds. You enjoy taking projects from ideation through to execution.
- You are a voracious consumer of Gen Z culture, are highly proficient in social media (particularly TikTok and Instagram), and have experience running creative, successful marketing campaigns to target a young audience.
- You can quickly pick up brand voice and identity and carry that through to your team, projects, and ideas.
- You are an out-of-the-box thinker and are constantly coming up with ideas and tactics to drive growth and discovery.
- You have a curiosity and hunger to tackle difficult, open-ended problems.