The audit officer reports to the supervisor or the partner of the organization. Responsibilities include the preparation and maintenance of the financial reports, examining the profit and loss, deriving conclusions based on the reports and making the necessary recommendations; Evaluation and analysis of the financial data and verification of general ledger entries are some of the basic functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently handle the auditing of the financial statements of the client.
- Acquire a detailed knowledge about the firm’s financial engagements.
- Take on the responsibility of performing various auditing procedures under a senior’s supervision by applying the current auditing principles and accounting procedures.
- Constantly interact with the clients and the internal employees to increase the efficiency of the team.
- Well-acquainted with the company’s procedures and policies. Ensure that the audits carried out are in compliance with the company’s rules and regulations.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality of the financial matters of the organization and the client.
- Prepare clear, transparent work papers that have followed the standards outlined and have well-defined conclusions.
- Make meaningful recommendations.
- Make maximum use of the various information technology tools to complete the assigned work.
- Conduct a detailed research on audit issues and analyse the results of audit work.
- Train the new members on the auditing procedures and provide them a detailed insight into the rules and regulations to be followed.
- Detect and prevent fraud is another most important duty of the auditing staff.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree , Professional License (Passed Board/Bar/Professional License Exam), Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Commerce or equivalent
- Accounting certification is a plus.
- With at least 3 years of working experience.
- Has an experience handling a team.
- Good interpersonal communication skills are a must to communicate with the client as well as with the colleagues in the organization.
- Should be able to work in a team and should be able to lead the team in case a senior person is absent.
- Should be proficient in handling computers and be well-versed with the usage of accounting software and spreadsheet programs.
- Should have an ability to multi task and complete the assignments within the given time constraints.
- A thorough professional co-operative attitude combined with a quality of dependability and reliability.
- An eye for detail with excellent time management and organizational skills.
Audit & Taxation
Audit & Taxation