The Senior Procurement Manager is responsible for the full management of category assigned to him/her. This includes collaborating with different stakeholders (i.e. Internal Customers and Suppliers) when it comes to strategic sourcing, supplier development, item development & standardization, cost, supply and risk management and negotiation. He/she is also in charge of spend performance monitoring and analysis, and end-to-end contract management.
In this role, he/she is in charge of ensuring sustainable capacity and supply availability from the right supplier pool composed of Market Best in Class (MBIC) and, providing JFC the competitive advantage by ensuring the best value for JFC customers. This is achieved through a more advanced understanding of the assigned categories leading to more complex analyses of data and implementation of strategies in cost-reduction and supply sustainability.
Supply & Risk Management
- Gathers both historical & forecasted requirements as well as historical supply performance based on (PESTE) and declared capacity of the current pool of suppliers, analyzes evident supply & demand gaps, presents potential risks and agree with stakeholders on solutions.
- Recommends optimum mix of suppliers based on more comprehensive SCP (global and regional sources) that would address both current and future needs of the company for a whole category/project.
- Addresses current requirements by researching on possible supply innovations, initiating recommendations with other concerned divisions, and presenting benefits for their consideration.
- Conducts plant visits to further evaluate and validate supplier capacity, capabilities and work processes and comes up with strategies on supply contingencies to keep in pace of long term expansions and growth of the company.
- Proactively identifies and makes technical and strategic recommendations to manage typical internal and external risks and assesses all probable implications affecting the category or requirement assigned in terms of frequency, intensity and timing.
- Ensures samples/products are properly standardized and have corresponding specs sheets.
- Designs effective and complete supplier lifecycle (accreditation to termination) management and validates recommendations based on information analysis anchored on a comprehensive Purchasing Value Matrix and other relevant criteria peculiar to the assigned category.
- Analyzes overall supplier performance, identifies all reported gaps (i.e. historical and current) and devises contingency plans to address potential gaps to improve performance.
- Collaborates with suppliers to meet objectives on more complex transactions related to an assigned category.
- Conducts comparative pricing vs. competition and market benchmarks, performs cost breakdown analysis and analyzes these data to make complex decisions and recommendations on how to drive down cost based on findings.
- Uses commodity trends & supply/demand analysis (SDA), product seasonality and government regulations to position JFC purchases for a category whether short-term or long-term.
- Uses similar findings to influence purchase strategies for other items/projects related to current project.
- Implements recommendations based on historical spend analysis and create strategies that would help reduce or balance overall spend of a particular category.
- Uses advanced negotiation techniques for moderately complex transactions (high impact, strategic, difficult) with a single stakeholder (internal or external) to achieve the desired results.
- Uses strategic/innovative negotiation techniques for highly complex transactions (adverse, highly volatile conditions) with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the desired results.
- Coaches other employees on negotiation techniques that can be employed on all types of transactions.
Customer Relationship Management
- Processes orders for more complex transactions including those of outside set standards and parameters e.g. new stores, new product, rush orders of critical items and, allocating to an alternative supplier.
- Professionally responds to routine customer inquiries and/or feedback and provides complete needed information with additional valuable inputs apart from available data that would have added benefits to the customer.
- Analyzes frequently raised customer requirements/feedback based on data and makes recommendations on improving customer serving time and provision of best value options.
- Provides more advanced support through strategic endorsement and management of the right pool of accredited or new service and goods suppliers.
- Graduate of Engineering, Finance, Economics, or any Business Courses.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in Supply Chain or Procurement acquired in the Retail or Consumer industry.
- Certification in Procurement or Supply Chain is an advantage.
- Competent in Supply Management, Supplier Management, Cost Management, Negotiation, Risk Management, Customer/Stakeholder Relationship Management, and SAP SRM Competency.
- Willing to be assigned in Ortigas, Pasig.