The Remote Company is a network of remote-first tech companies. We’re united by our values and approach to doing business. You will work with products like MailerLite, MailerSend, MailerCheck, and Ycode.
Ycode is a new visual programming tool that empowers people of all skill levels to build and host web projects without writing any code themselves. The no-code revolution is coming, but there’s a catch: no-code tools need developers!
Ycode is looking for a talented, creative Junior Designer to work on our website design and other exciting projects.
Your job will include designing new website pages and layouts, and creating image material for blog articles and feature descriptions. You will work closely together with our other designers, copywriters, and SEO experts.
- We value great design
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
- You will take ownership
We don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks.
- You will have experts at hand
Whenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every day
At Ycode, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stability
You can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We’re continuously growing and our oldest company, MailerLite, has been around for more than 10 years.
What we expect from you
- You’ve worked as a designer for at least 1 year
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Pro in Sketch or Figma
- Practical knowledge of color theory, grid layout, typography, and graphic design
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Outstanding attention to detail (when you apply, include the phrase “love my job” somewhere in your website)
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Used frameworks like Tailwind or Bootstrap
- Worked with Statamic CMS
- Copywriting skills
What we offer
- Starting salary: $35,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- Company-paid retreats that we call workations. The whole company gathers once a year for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- Team meet-up once a year. You and your team will get a budget to meet and bond in a location of your choice
- Four weeks of vacation. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- Annual benefits, including budgets for home office setup, personal development, leisure trips, etc.
- MacBook and other tools that’ll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here
Don’t send us a CV. We like to do things differently.
Instead, here is how we would like you to apply:
- Get a Ycode account (Beta)
You can sign up for free here.
- Create a web page about YOU
In your Ycode account, go to “Projects” and create a new project that answers the questions below.
- Send an email to apply for the job
Send your preview or published project URL to [email protected]. You can find these URLs in the builder, on the top right corner.
Things we want to see on your website:
- The title of this role
- How you heard about this job
- Links to your Dribbble, Behance, Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook or personal homepage
- Previous companies you worked for, your role, projects you worked on
- Why you want to join The Remote Company
- Your remote work experience
- Your description of a project or product that you loved working on and why
- Expected salary
Did you apply? Click here to read what to expect next. Good luck!