The Lead Operations Technician will be responsible for the planning, deployment and support of SANS network and audio-visual systems at live training events in the APAC region, as well as supporting the online streaming platforms utilised during these events.
The SANS Institute
Established in 1989, SANS Institute is the largest information security training organisation in the world. SANS provides intensive, technical training designed to impart the skills and techniques necessary for defending systems and networks against the most dangerous threats – the ones being actively exploited. SANS training is led by world-renowned, expert instructors and the curriculum covers all the most crucial areas of security. Training can be delivered in a classroom at a SANS training event, privately in the workplace or online. SANS training is aligned to GIAC certification.
Why work for us?
• Work for one of the most reputable companies in the industry.
• Work from home & flexible hours available.
• Small (but great) team so your contributions will make a difference.
• International travel opportunities.
• The opportunity to receive SANS training for yourself.
To apply for Lead Operations Technician, you are excellent at:
- Completing Event Network Operations (ENO) Pre-Planning documentation and configuration
- Configuring and testing network and AV equipment for in person events and working with warehouse staff to ensure the proper equipment is shipped to each event
- Auditing the LOT Master and Call Sheet Schedule
- Serving as on-site and remote technical POC at SANS live training events predominantly within the region
- Managing venue AV and network equipment setup at in person events
- Troubleshooting venue network and/or internet issues that arise during events
- Providing initial operational and security incident response at events, escalating as needed
- Collaborating with the SANS Service Desk, Labs & Cyber Ranges, and Security teams in support of student facing IT needs
- Providing assistance to course Instructors, Moderators, Teaching Assistants (TA’s), and Virtual Teaching Assistant’s (VTA’s) on all technical aspects of their classes (e.g. venue network, streaming platform, lab performance, localized connection issues, instructor AV problems, etc.)
- Providing assistance to course Instructors on all technical aspects e.g. streaming platforms, lab performance
- Escalating issues that cannot be resolved within the first response Slack group to the Escalation Slack group and seeing resolution of issues through to completion
- Logging any technical issues encountered throughout your shifts in the event issues log
- Providing Service Desk triage and response for requests originating from the region
- Auditing recordings and verify that the course recording tracker is being updated
- Editing recordings and posting to the class portal if needed
- Ensuring all VMs that are needed for class are functioning correctly and are active
- Contributing to continuous improvement initiatives to improve events and courses from a technical perspective
- Contributing to Event Quality meetings if necessary
Your Success Profile includes:
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience installing and configuring computer networking equipment
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skillsAbility to work independently as well as part of a team, being calm under pressure
- Experience in the Cyber Security sector
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment with high expectations for uptime/connectivity
Knowledge, Qualifications and Training
- A degree in a technology focused discipline (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Networking, etc.) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in wired/wireless network concepts, hardware, cabling and best practices
- Proficient in identifying and troubleshooting availability and performance issues in a live environment
- Proficient in configuring enterprise grade routing and switching hardware
- Proficient with network monitoring and traffic shaping solutions
- Familiarity with intelligent routing protocols, IaaS/SaaS, and virtualization
- Familiarity with a programming language or scripting
- Familiarity with stateful firewall configuration
- Experience with Mikrotik Routers, Ruckus Wireless, Cisco, AWS, OSPF/VLAN/Subnetting, OpenVPN, scripting/programming, 4G LTE technologies
- Experience with traffic/bandwidth shaping solutions such as Sinefa, Exinda, Blue Coat, Nomadix,
- Ability and desire to travel around APAC (50%)
If you’re a rockstar at what you do and looking to be a part of our amazing story, we want to hear from you!
We offer attractive salaries and benefits plus you get to work in some of the Philippines’ best flexible workspaces. Our employees also get to enjoy exclusive discounts, rewards and freebies, and invites to our monthly events. We are always recruiting for roles in IT & Development, Marketing, Business Administration, HR & Recruitment and Legal & Finance Roles.
KMC provides quality employment opportunities for job-seekers looking for a career that is both challenging and fulfilling. We are also committed to providing equal opportunities at every selection stage. We do not discriminate due to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, and religion.
Work with Us. Grow with Us.
KMC Solutions offers a variety of career opportunities in Metro Manila, Cebu and Clark & Iloilo. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to make their next big career move.
At KMC, we foster an inclusive and positive workplace for all. We push our members to succeed in everything they do through our collaborative work environment. We encourage our community to work hard and reach their full potential while delivering results that matter for our members and you as professionals.
We host amazing and quality events and implement people-centric policies to work flexibly. We ensure that everyone in our expansive network is engaged, from our internal employees and those who work on behalf our offshore partners.
Life within KMC: Work Hard Party Harder
At KMC, we work hard and we are committed to putting our best foot forward in everything we do. Everyone is encouraged to be an individual while also working for the collective good of the KMC Community. We believe mistakes are opportunities and that you should not present a solution without a problem.
We also know when hard work deserves to be recognized so we reward our employees with monthly parties, free trips and much much more!