Magic is a frictionless way to plug in thoroughly vetted, cost-effective remote workers, to help scale your key business functions. Through a combination of automation and active work, we tap into our network of vetted remote workers who handle tasks from virtual assistance and customer service to sales lead generation and scheduling across various team members—like magic.
TL;DR: Forget the job boards, or marketplaces, and let us handle the vetting process so you’ll only interact with the best, and most reliable remote workers, every time.
Our company came out of Y Combinator in 2015. Since then we’ve grown to 1000+ remote workers, with strong venture-backing (including Sequoia Capital) and over $30M in funding to date. We are fully remote across Asia and US time zones.
Why this role exists
The Customer Service Training Manager is responsible for onboarding, training, and ongoing support for our client and assistant email support teams. This is a cross-departmental role that will involve understanding the core deliverables of our service, building training material, implementing the training program, and adapting the material to the needs of the service and our teams.
This role will partner with the head of operations, the perspective team leaders, and our HR team to develop an effective training program for both teams that better prepare our team members to deliver high-quality customer service.
What are your responsibilities:
- Manage all training programs for our 2 customer service teams. Adapting the training services to focus on current biggest areas of operational improvement
- Implement and oversee the success of the training programs from start to finish
- Constantly developing and holding continual development training programs for the growing teams
- Track the success rate of the training programs. Understanding the biggest points of failure, and key success drivers
- Support the development of processes, systems, and tools for the success of the team members post-training. Give critical feedback and even help build when applicable
- Provide expertise in successful CS team structure, organization, and communication that helps improve the entire output of the team
- Experience required – 3-5 years of experience as a customer support trainer, with 1 year of experience in customer service management.
- Experience in implementing, building, and maintaining effective training programs
Your superpowers are…
- Strong communication on all levels (written and oral).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Ability to take a complex problem and break it down into actionable steps
- Desire to work at a high-growth start-up and the ability to impact 100s of colleagues experiences while working with Magic.
You should apply if…
- You are highly reliable with a GSD mindset despite external circumstances. You say what you mean and do what you say. You are consistent and take ownership in situations, large or small.
- You are hyper-organized.
- You are Proactive, see potential problems before they happen, and aren’t afraid to speak up/challenge the status quo.
- You are an over-communicator.
- You thrive in a remote work environment. Fully remote work is not for everyone; it requires the ability to quickly pick up online tools, get familiar with our tech stack (G-Drive, Slack, Notion, and a variety of modern reporting tools), and the ability to communicate (and often over-communicate) well in writing.
- You love learning new things. Whether you learn best through reading, listening, doing, or exploring, you’re perpetually curious about the world and work around you and always trying to level up your personal and professional life through self-directed learning
- Permanent work from home forever! Zero commuting and goodbye traffic and spend more time with your family.
- Custom environment – Set up your noise level just the way you want it. And if you’re mindful of your workspace ergonomics, you can create a stronger rhythm for your workflows too – Exercising your creativity and critical thinking by working independently is important when you’re working from home.
- Worry no more! We got you and your health covered on your HMO; and hassle free payment for your monthly government mandated remittances (Philhealth, Pag-ibig, SSS).
- Paid Time-Off – Gives you a chance to step back, recharge and have a significant chunk of time to engage in something that is meaningful to you.
- Have a unique and positive contribution and work equally as we value cultural diversity.