- Ability to operate heavy equipment cranes to move pieces from one fabrication station to another throughout the manufacturing process would be an advantage.
- Ability to straighten parts that are bent or warped due to defects in the manufacturing processes. Experience of pre heating workpieces to make them malleable prior to shaping.
- Ability to shape, bevel and level low points along the length of structural components.
- Able to align and fit parts to specifications using proper tools, including hammers, pry bars, wedges, turnbuckles and other appropriate tool selections.
- Use of squares, levels and other measuring tools to confirm that all parts are manufactured to specifications.
- Finishing off the assembly using tools like grinders and polishers to smooth surfaces
- A minimum of 5 year(s) of working experience is required.
- Candidates must be at least a high school graduate.
- Experience in keel block setting up and alignment. Pin bed fabrication. Laser alignment would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Experience of marking reference points into materials to prepare for various modifications and additions prior to welding.
- Experience of using large machines such as rollers and presses and using chains, cranes and hoists would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Must be able to read ship fabrication drawings, work to tight tolerances and have a full understanding of ship building rules & regulations.
- Willing to take the IELTS Language Certificate requirement for UK Visa process
Principal / Employer : GME – Global Maritime Engineering Services Ltd.
Principal / Employer Address : Old Field Road, Bocam Park, Bridgend, CF35 5LJ
Placement : This job has no placement
For manpower pooling only. No Placement in any form and/or purpose will be collected from the applicants. Beware of illegal recruiters and human traffickers.
For interested applicants please click “APPLY NOW” and be sure to upload your updated CV or resume through Jobstreet.