FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye’s world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Mandiant Managed Defense team operates to relentlessly protect our customers from impactful cyber attacks. We are looking for motivated and experienced analysts with an understanding of enterprise-level security and incident response.
The Managed Defense Consultants (MDC) serve as the primary point of contact for Managed Defense customers and are responsible for coordinating the delivery of the world’s premier Managed Detection & Response (MDR) service. The MDC team consists of cyber security practitioners who work to prevent and respond to impactful cyber-attacks. They understand the cyber threat landscape and have the technical expertise and dedication to identify, respond, and assist our customers in recovering from cyber-attacks. Most importantly, they build a trusted relationship with organisations in order to advise them on cyber security matters.
What You Will Do:
This position requires you to understand how to leverage cyber threat intelligence, lead incident response, communicate effectively to our customer’s executive level management, and still have the ability to successfully meet tight deadlines. You will be asked regularly to provide ground truth to real world current events. Your technical acumen in endpoint and network detection/protection will be your foundation, but your operational experience and your ability to solve problems will help to shape the future of security for our customers. You are a part of the mission to keep evil out, and to protect our customers with world class detection and response to cyber threats through an expertise-driven, collaborative relationship.
- Trusted advisor for the customer in matters concerning service delivery and ongoing projects
- Lead client and engagement teams in successful delivery of our Managed Defense solutions, exchange threat intelligence with customers and internal teams, and briefing existing clients, potential clients, and external groups on security threats and incident response
- Lead security incident response and leverage product knowledge to guide customers
- Articulate complex information on security threats and incident response to internal and external groups across varied levels of technical understanding
- Lead efforts in expanding and improving the development of processes, methodologies, and client communication methods for advanced persistent threat detection, threat intelligence, incident response, and vulnerability analysis
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to client stakeholders, technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
- Responsible for building relationships with internal business units to identify innovative solutions to enhance service delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of technical delivery, service delivery, client management, and/or managed services experience
- 3+ years of Information security, SOC, incident response or similar cyber experience
- Experience with critical tools used in incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, network or host-based intrusion detection, proactive services, remediation, vulnerability testing
- Strong knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes including Advanced Threat Detection tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, and Endpoint Protection
- Fundamental understanding in network and security protocols and operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux)
- Understanding of current information security challenges and solutions
- Evaluate customer needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate solutions
- Deliver succinct and fact-based communications, both verbally and in writing
- Have experience in collecting, analysing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analysing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected].