Want to make an impact by working for a small tech company that values autonomy and working collaboratively to solve challenging problems? Love learning new technologies and using that knowledge to engage with our customers? Then you’ll fit right into the Marketcircle team! We’ve been a fully remote company for over five years and have learned a lot in that time about empowering team members with the freedom and flexibility to work in the way that’s best for them.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing copywriter who can craft innovative and compelling copy to pique our audience’s interest, who are looking for innovative tech solutions for their small business. You will dig into the competition and stay up-to-date with what’s relevant to our customers so that we can always find fresh ways to connect with them. You can create copy deliverables that are friendly, clear, thought-provoking, and effortless to read. You understand our customers’ needs, motivations, and pain points, and are not afraid to ask questions. You understand the realities of small businesses and avoid a stuffy, corporate writing style that has no meaning to our audience.
What Success Looks Like:
- By 6 months, you have updated our most visited or important marketing content, including some imagery to match our revised positioning. You will have written several blogs for our website and taken ownership over social media content.
- By 12 months, you will have updated all Marketing and Sales content with an eye for consistency and cohesiveness across the board. You will have owned the content calendar, recommended creative content strategy to drive more engagement and traffic, and produced a few whitepapers.
- Write content for various platforms and for different purposes (ex. web pages, App Store and software listings, newsletters, email campaigns, blogs, social media)
- Ensure that our positioning and messaging are updated, consistent, and cohesive across all content
- Own content planning, strategy, and scheduling
- Work with different teams to gather key points of information and collaborate on projects
- Conduct customer interviews and market research
- Adhere closely to our style guide and content requirements
- Create content that strives to engage our audience and increase sales and traffic
- Develop a thorough understanding of our product (Daylite) and our customers
- Conceptualize and execute various integrated, cross-channel initiatives
- 5+ years of professional experience as a content marketer or copywriter
- Portfolio of recently published work
- Strong creative writing skills with the versatility to adapt to different formats, lengths, and contexts
- Strong conceptual craftsmanship with experience in storytelling through various mediums
- Ability to translate an idea effectively and flawlessly across multiple messaging touch points
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks at once, while consistently delivering polished and high-quality content
- Ability to write about technology with warmth and clarity
- Understanding of how to implement SEO best practices in your content
- Attitude that is conducive to teamwork and open to feedback
Nice to Have:
- Writing experience for the software, cloud-based, or professional services industry
- Familiarity with the Apple ecosystem (macOS and iOS)
- Familiarity with the “Jobs To Be Done” theory
- Familiarity with the “Getting Things Done” methodology
Marketcircle Inc. is a fun and distributed tech company. We believe in the power of Kaizen, teamwork, creativity, ownership, and empathy. By embodying these core values we know we impact the lives of our customers, and each other.
Our mission is to empower small business worldwide which drives us to develop a native macOS and iOS app that helps thousands create organization of what would otherwise be chaos.
Tired of a long commute to work? As long as you have reliable internet, and can work between 10:00AM – 3:00PM EST (core hours), you can work from anywhere! Though we are mostly remote, our team tries to meet up in the office every now and again to share some laughs, build camaraderie and eat some good food! We also make it a point to do activities together, like axe throwing, escape rooms, evenings out, etc.
Marketcircle provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at phone 905-480-5555 and/or [email protected]