Psychiatry Wellness Center is looking for a detail-oriented team player to join our workforce as a Virtual Medical Scribe who will assist psychiatrists and physician assistants to document patient encounters in real-time during consults and maintain patients’ medical records.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Remote Medical Scribe or relevant role.
- Experience/Familiarity with Medical/Psychiatry is a must.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) Experience with Google Docs, cloud services, and other technology tools.
- Must own laptop/computer required. (i5 or higher)
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm. (ideally 80 to 120 wpm)
- Excellent English language listening, writing, and speaking.
- Available to work for 40 hours per week (Including weekends depending on the business need). Business hours 8:30 am – 5:30 pm EST.
- Must have a private space to work to maintain the privacy of sensitive patient information.
- Must have wired or Wi-Fi connectivity with a download speed minimum of 5.0 Mbps and upload speed minimum of 3.0 Mbps.
- Accompany provider via webcam to accurately record and document patient visits and procedures.
- Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for the psychiatrists.
- Documentation in the electronic medical record on the physician’s behalf.
- Locate past medical records and past visit histories for the physician to review.
- Draft orders and prescriptions in EMR for psychiatrists.
- Updating patient history, physical exam, and other pertinent health information in the patient record.
- Preparing and sending all documentation to psychiatrists for review and approval.
- Compliance with HIPAA and Joint Commission.
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned.
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Psychiatry Wellness Center embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
About Psychiatry Wellness Center:
Psychiatry Wellness Center is a modern private psychiatry service that offers psychotherapy treatment options. We provide medication management as well as psychotherapy for a variety of psychiatry issues including depression, generalized anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, substance abuse disorder, social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, dementia, and many more.