SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
· At all times, comply with the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
· Perform various data processing functions, including laboratory data calculations and integrations, quality control checks, laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) entries, and other data management functions as required.
· Perform various activities surrounding the receipt, verification and entry of third party subcontract laboratory data into the LIMS for reporting.
· Ensure lab deadlines are met and the GBS Team Lead (or section Lab Manager in their absence) is notified immediately if the turnaround time specified cannot be met.
· Ensure all testing methodology and quality control procedures are performed according to ISO17025 and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable.
· Keep Affiliate Manager, GBS Supervisor and any other key Affiliate personnel informed immediately of all operational issues, including:
o Personnel matters affecting performance,
o Failure to meet turnaround requirements,
o Failure to meet ISO17025, country certifications and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable,
o Inconsistencies in quality control procedures so they may be rectified immediately,
o Additional training requirements identified.
· Adopt and support specific operational improvement activities as communicated by the GBS Team Lead. These projects will focus on the improvement of quality, efficiency, accreditation, communication and technical improvement.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all required analytical procedures in the section.
· Look for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
· Be able to respond to technical queries.
· Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
· Ensure work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
· Remain familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
· Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
· Minimum Bachelor of Science degree (Chemistry preferred) from an internationally accredited institution
· A minimum of one year lab experience, including a minimum of 6 months HPLC, GC and/or GC-MS operating experience paired with a formal training course
· Prior experience with LIMS and ChemStation or Mass Hunter software a plus
· Experience with Data Review of lab results
· Demonstrated commitment to data quality and operational excellence
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language (B2 or C1 level)
· Strong MS Excel skills
· Analytical instrumentation knowledge, particularly chromatography and mass spectrometry
· Self motivated
· High level of integrity
· High level of technical knowledge
· Teamwork and co-operation
· Organisation and efficiency
· Taking responsibility
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Proficient in internet and search
- Quick to learn new web applications and technologies (e.g. SEO tools, Analytic tools, Google Adwords, Social Media Channels)
- Adaptable, ethical, analytical and has a strong eye for detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer-focused and delivery-oriented
- A fast learner, able to grasp new concepts, understand requirements and translate knowledge into practical ability
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team player with ability to operate without close supervision
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Additional language, other than Filipino, such as Asian or Latin languages is an advantage